Lead Tax Analyst
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Lead Tax Analyst -- to be based in Kalamazoo, MI -- prepares
and maintains tax records, returns, reports and other related
materials. Participates in the development and implementation of
tax strategy. Devises means to minimize tax liability using
thorough knowledge of tax laws and regulations. Recommends
alternative tax treatments to alleviate or reduce tax
burden.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Sr. Manager and Manager in the US federal compliance
- Participate in tax projects in cooperation with other Stryker
- Prepare US federal and State pro-forma tax returns.
- Assist the Global Transfer Pricing Manager with various tax
efficient supply chain planning opportunities.
- Lead the research and documentation of various tax issues
related to tax planning, tax return preparation, audit support,
- Assists with ASC 740 provision in cooperation with the Global
Tax Accounting and Reporting group.
- Contributes towards the completion and review of the quarterly
effective rate and any estimated U.S income tax function through
oversight, training, and exposure to skills developed through work
- Prepare and/or review the international portions of the U.S.
tax return including 5471s, 8858s, 1118s, and other forms and
schedules required to determine the accuracy of the forms and the
presentation of tax planning opportunities.
- Work with the Global Tax Accounting and Reporting to lead the
reconciliation of various tax accounts.
- Support Global Tax team as needed on tax planning projects,
acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and other strategic
issues including leading the monitoring and maintaining of
- Participate in departmental tax projects as requested.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with Business
Unit colleagues and cross functional departments.Education and
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA or Master's degree required.
- Prefer a combination of public accounting and corporate
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.Qualifications and
- Minimum 4 years of income tax or comparable experience.
- Combination of Fortune 500 corporate tax department and
International CPA firm experience preferred.
- Experience with CorpTax and HFM softwares a plus.Other
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including
Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Should be a selfstarter able to thrive in a fastpaced,
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and
be able to effectively communicate with individuals from across the
Finance Organization, external advisers and consultants.
- Excellent organization, project management and selfmanagement
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships internally with
business units and crossfunctionally.
- Open to change in response to new information, different or
unexpected circumstances and/or ability to work in ambiguous
situations.Work From Home: Not availableTravel Percentage:
10%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. Stryker is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker
Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information.Stryker is one of the
worlds leading medical technology companies and, together with its
customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers
innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and
Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient
and hospital outcomes. More information is available at
Keywords: Stryker, Kalamazoo , Lead Tax Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!