Company: Modernistic Cleaning & Restoration
Posted on: May 13, 2022
General AccountantPay: $65-70K per yearStart your career at the
BEST Home Service Company in the state of Michigan!For nearly 50
years, Modernistic has provided our community with exceptional
cleaning and restoration services, throughout our seven locations
in Michigan. Modernistic is a family-owned company and we foster a
culture focused on customer delight, which means we strive to go
above and beyond for our customer and our co-workers. While we are
driven and fast growing, we also like to have fun while we work!Our
Plainwell, MI location is currently looking for a General
Accountant to join our growing team. The General Accountant
candidate will have ample experience in the trenches performing all
facets of account- payables, receivables, month & year-end
functions, bank account and credit card reconciliation- a true
Jack/Jill of all trades. This position services as a right-hand to
the Controller. To succeed in this role, you must be
detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have excellent follow through
skills.We believe in investing in our people and promoting from
within because our people ARE the Modernistic difference. If you
are a world-class cruncher of numbers, who enjoys pinching pennies
and maintaining the books, this could be a great opportunity, come
see for yourself!Benefits
- Affordable Health Insurance for You and Your Family! Health
Insurance is more critical than ever before, and we know the
importance of keeping these costs low for our employees.
Modernistic offers four unique plans on one of Michigan's largest
Health Care Networks and covers 60% of premium costs for our team
members and their dependents. We offer Health Savings Account
Plans, which offer triple tax advantages, as well as traditional
HMO style plans so you can choose the best fit for you!
- Dental & Vision Insurance: You'll enjoy a variety of affordable
plan options and rich benefits on Michigan's largest vision and
dental networks. Dental benefits even extend to orthodontics and
vision benefits offer allowances for glasses/contacts
- Life Insurance: To give our team members peace of mind,
Modernistic covers a basic life insurance policy for every
employee, plus offers buy up options for you and your
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance: We offer our team
members a variety of different plan options at affordable rates.
This benefit is a financial safety net for when you or your family
need it most!
- Pet Insurance: ModPets are also family so we want our team
members to have the opportunity to protect them too! Modernistic
offers two unique plans to choose from to best keep your pet(s)
happy & healthy.
- 401(K) with Company Match: We help our team members prepare for
the future by offering a 401K plan with no management fees and a
generous company match.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays: We only work hard so we can play
hard, right? Work/life balance is important and that's why every
team member is eligible for paid time away from work!
- On Demand Pay: Unexpected expenses days before you get your
check? Don't fret, you can request a portion of your earned wages
early (up to 3 times a pay period). It's your money, you should
have the right to use it! You have never been more in control of
your check with our "On Demand Pay" program!
- Employee Discount: A perk of being a Modteam member is enjoying
a clean & healthy home, just like the customers we serve.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Members of the Modteam have
access to an Employee Assistance Program that offers dozens of
benefits from free counseling services to legal advice, and
- Ability to Grow: 63% of the Executive Team at Modernistic
started at an entry level position within the company. We believe
in developing our people and cultivating talent from within.
Depending on the position, Modernistic frequently invests in
external industry training and certification for team members. 95%
of positions are posted internally and team members frequently are
promoted from within.
- Company provided equipment for in-office
- Lead, manage and hold team members accountable (LMA)
- Assist Controller in the timely and accurate completion of
month and year-end
- Manage the General Ledger
- Bank account and credit card reconciliations
- Manage check runs
- Review & approve expense reports
- Spearhead auditsRequirements
- 4+ years of account experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred,
but not required
- Cost Management
- Experience with payables and receivables
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proficiency in MS
- Experience with Salesforce and Sage Intacct is a plus
- Ability to perform quality work while managing deadlines
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to
We look forward to meeting you!
COVID-19 considerations:Safety is very important to the Modteam! To
keep our staff and customers safe Modernistic offers contact-free
service. If safety is a top concern for you, please feel free to
discuss this in your interview. Our Recruiting team is happy to
walk you through our safety plan in detail.tJBc9wBYlC
Keywords: Modernistic Cleaning & Restoration, Kalamazoo , General Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Plainwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!