RN Director - ER
Posted on: June 11, 2019
We Are Hiring Specialty Area Nursing Director - Nursing
Administration 001 - Full-Time Day - Ascension Borgess Hospital -
Kalamazoo, MIWhy Join Ascension? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess
provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac,
neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among
others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and
employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension Borgess, you will
have the opportunity to lead and direct services, workflow and
resources for the Emergency Trauma Center (ETC). The ETC at Borgess
includes a 48 beds and 8 Emergency department Psych beds. Borgess
ETC is a Level 2 trauma center, Cycle 5 Accredited Chest Pain
Center, Stoke Certified and Emergency Department Crisis Unit.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with
medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the
health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care
plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to
staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned
nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and
directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- Directs, plans, and coordinates the operations of a patient
care department on a 24-hour basis.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed
to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
requirements.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
required.Master's Degree required, or completion of Master's Degree
within six years of hire date. Work Experience:
- Minimum of five years current clinical experience in a
comparable setting in ER setting.
- Progressive management and leadership experience required.
- Experience in a supervisory role in a similar setting in
ER/Trauma facility preferred.
- Servant / Transformation Leadership style strongly
desired.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal
opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in
employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex,
national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital
status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment
only to individuals who have applied for a position using our
official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN Director - ER, Accounting, Auditing , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!