Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- WBCK
Company: Townsquare Media
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- WBCK, Kalamazoo, MI
Townsquare Media Kalamazoo has an open opportunity to host
Kalamazoo's WBCK brand on-air daily. Along with great on-air
skills, we're looking for a strong content creator and someone to
be the champion of the station on the streets - you must be a 360
talent to propel the brand to new heights.
Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with great
radio brands that emphasize great local content and community
involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the
digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and
grow with a world-class team.
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute great
local content to the station's website, mobile app, and all social
platforms. Digital is not an afterthought here, it is part of our
DNA - and what sets us apart.
The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with
the station's target audience on all platforms. You're ready to put
down roots, build community relationships and become a part of
Kalamazoo, Michigan - at a driven and inventive company that
strongly values our most important asset - our people. We're in it
for the long haul, and we're looking for someone that's ready to
build and be part of that future.
- Host afternoon drive program and be live on air Monday
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air,
via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the
station website and mobile app.
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market
cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special
promotions and programming activities.
- History of original written digital content
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and (insert
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels,
multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and
other related production equipment.
- Quickly become proficient in NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners
and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- Paid Time Off (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital
marketing solutions company principally focused on being the
premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small
and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 321 radio
stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a
digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a
proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare
Ignite) and approximately 200 live events. Our brands include local
media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; iconic local and
regional events such as WYRK's Taste of Country (update link!), the
Boise Music Festival, the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival and Taste
of Fort Collins; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment
websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com and
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE
ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of
workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Townsquare Media's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Townsquare Media, Kalamazoo , Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- WBCK, Advertising , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!