Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 1
Company: Sodexo USA
Posted on: May 25, 2020
Unit DescriptionWe are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a
difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint
Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating
our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to
empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food &
facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and
make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers.
SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo
segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools,
Sodexo is, looking to hire a qualified Maintenance Engineer, in
Kalamazoo, MI. The Sodexo facilities operations team provides hard
and soft services for a major pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
located in Kalamazoo, MI. This multi services account encompasses
4.2 million square feet of maintainable space on a 450-acre
The Sodexo facilities operations team also maintains and operates
an array of centralized utilities at this Kalamazoo site. These
utilities consist of, but are not limited to steam generating
boilers (both coal and natural gas), compressors, chillers, cooling
towers, etc. In addition, the team provides preventative and
corrective maintenance for laboratory and process analytical
instrumentation and metrology equipment.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their
business. If you are a Strategic Maintenance Engineer with the
ability to develop innovative technical solutions while
successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong
business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
The primary objective of the Maintenance Engineer is to identify
and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect
plant or business operations. This broad primary role may have a
focus on one or more of the following areas: loss elimination, risk
management and life cycle asset management (LCAM). The Maintenance
Engineer also provides advanced technical expertise to technicians
for day-to-day upkeep of the plant and facilities. When failures
occur, the maintenance engineer is responsible for performing root
cause failure analysis and determining maintenance activities that
will help prevent that failure in the future. Maintenance engineers
are available to the craftsperson whenever maintenance is performed
to assist with technical problems.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in the development of
criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO
suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops
acceptance tests and inspection criteria. Including:
- Asset utilization
- Overall equipment effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability
and costs of assets
- As a member of the Facilities team provides Subject Matter
expertise to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment,
processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security
- Conducts regular audits and inspections of Assets to ensure
reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities,
facilities, controls and safety/security systems.
- Utilizes data analysis techniques that can include the
following. The results are used in development of the design and
development of Asset Maintenance Plans
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault tree analysis
- Weibull analysis
- Six Sigma (6--) methodology
- Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis
- Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system
- Provides technical assistance to enablers and technicians to
ensure equipment issues are addressed.
- Works closely with maintenance and operations to target
maintainability issues, lower maintenance costs, and implement
- Assigns equipment IDs and establishes equipment hierarchy,
gathers information for equipment attribute templates and items
associated lists, identifies drawings for linking to equipment Ids,
and assures that proper documentation is received from Project
Engineering and filed within SCDL.
- Communicates with Reliability Engineer with respect to changes
and updates resulting from PMO activities, Strategy and Continuous
Improvement efforts, and Project implementation
- Initiates IDB for calibration failures and past due
- Reviews and approves, as required, change control documentation
as it pertains to equipment maintenance.
- Notify area Reliability Engineer of submitted or pending change
control documentation to ensure understanding and to prevent
- Establishes the initial Preventive Maintenance / Calibration
activities for equipment / instruments that are in accordance with
the guidelines and specifications for that particular equipment /
- Extends, deactivates, and/or updates PM and Calibration
activities through utilization of the PMO: PM / Calibration
Optimization and Rationalization Program processes.
- Reviews proposed changes to calibration and PM frequency
extensions as defined by the Reliability Engineers through the PMO
Strategy and Continuous Improvement
- Establishes the criticality ranking for new assets under their
care by using the Reliability Ranking Index tool.
- Selects the initial Maintenance Strategy for new equipment and
provides updates to maintain strategy current.
- Implements equipment reliability plans by ensuring job plans
and tasks are established (PM, PdM, Cal, etc.) within the
- Updates equipment reliability plans based upon RCFA results to
further reduce the number of failures and minimize the effects of
failures that do occur.
- Provides input to the Reliability Engineers on chronic
equipment (classification based) deficiencies. Reviews "Bad Actor"
analysis and reporting to ensure all information is accurate and up
to date based on current equipment operations.
- Performs root cause failure analysis of equipment deficiencies,
develops, changes, and/or initiates maintenance activities such as
PM, CBM, lubrication, calibration, training, and spare parts to
improve performance and equipment availability.
- Provide maintenance engineering input to Project Engineering
Design through equipment selection review, PM / Calibration
activity development, spare parts needs, training requirements, and
- Based on investigation results, develops design modification
projects to improve performance and initiates work orders to
- Assumes project interface from Reliability Engineer when
project exits the Preliminary design phase.
- Maintains communication with Reliability Engineer on any
changes to equipment selection or other maintenance concerns
through completion of project
- Ensures capital project closure activities are completed
ensuring all follow reliability practices and guidelines (i.e.:
inspections, punch list development, baseline measurements, and
- Provides Life Cycle Cost Modeling and Statistical Analysis to
Project Engineering for equipment design and selection.
Equipment Standards, Specifications and Procedures
- Provides input and oversight to LIS Metrology equipment
- Develops procedures and specifications for the reliability
maintenance aspects for existing and new equipment.
- Communicates to the Reliability Engineer any proposed or
approved variances to equipment standards, Specifications and
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related
Engineering degrees (Biomedical; Facility, Chemical)
- 3 years of engineering experience (desired), with a focus in
reliability or project engineering; similar experience working
with/on Facilities or Utilities Maintenance teams in a life
sciences or other highly regulated environment
- Experience in supporting the development of and following a
Reliability Centered Maintenance Plan for a critical environment
such as Manufacturing (Pharmaceutical environment, Life Science) is
a plus as is project management experience to manage multiple
on-going projects within multiple work streams
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate,
Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and
Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United
States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo
fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through
continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services.
More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of
daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo
partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by
developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the
effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and
optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation
including education, corporate services, health care and government
services, which means we can offer a career full of variety,
challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.Position
SummaryResponsible for a single scope of work in hard services
area. 3rd in command Supervises the account as the #2 manager and
has full responsibility including supervision of other managers.
Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops
is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is
less than an Ops 2;
Key Duties- Manage one other manager; typically in account with
smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs,
trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and SafetyQualifications & RequirementsBasic Education
Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities
maintenance, plant operations or engineering servicesSodexo is an
Keywords: Sodexo USA, Kalamazoo , Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 1, Engineering , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!