Lead Controls Engineer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Lead Controls
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg,
MI or Marshall, MI location. Relocation assistance will be
In this role, the Lead Controls Engineer will design, implement and
validate production and experimental electro-mechanical controls
algorithm. Collaborate and support Software & Controls team
members, Chief Engineers, platform team engineers and other
stakeholders across the Industrial Sector organization. Work
independently to pilot next-gen embedded controls programs to
evaluate new architecture and 3rd party software components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Architect and design new software solutions from beginning to
end at all life cycle stages.
- Interface and coordinate with hardware and controls engineers
to perform tests on simulation, software, hardware, and systems
platforms to validate proper system performance.
- Lead external partners and internal engineering resources on
the integration work between ECU device drivers, controls model
interface points, service tool drivers and other intelligent
- Evaluate, learn and apply the latest software technologies and
standards to create value efficiently and effectively.
- Develop test procedures to validate and/or characterize
controls strategy, performance and efficiency in environments such
as dynamometers, Hardware In Loop and Model In Loop. Co-ordinate
with the test labs to execute test plan and acquire data for
- Organize, plan, lead, manage and champion projects including
new and existing product redesign by utilizing both in-house and
- Obtain and communicate the needs of plants, OEMs, end users and
other functional groups to ensure voice of customer is satisfied in
the embedded software design and testing.
- Build and maintain working relationships with the controls
engineering organization, other functional groups and
- Conduct software defect root-cause analysis, lead
implementation and validate corrective actions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years experience with electro-mechanical
- Minimum five (5) years experience in analysis and control of
- Minimum three (3) years in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Masters in Engineering
- Experience with CAN communications interfaces and tools.
- Experience developing software architecture in terms of
components and interfaces with particular emphasis on code
re-usability and maintainability.
- Working knowledge of Autosar framework and experience
developing in the Autosar environment
- Experience with various software development methodologies and
tools (agile, iterative, waterfall, etc.).
- Experience with processes and tools for requirements
management, change and configuration management.
- Experience with software test methodologies and tools and
development of test plans for embedded systems.
- Experience integrating and validating performance of
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English with
ability to clearly convey project status and timelines to senior
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to make
presentations and work in group settings.
- Experience with auto-coding methodologies and
- Knowledge of functional safety and development processes
compliant to safety standards (ex. ISO 26262, IEC 61508).
- Circuit simulation software such as Pspice.
- Background in powertrain, electro-hydraulics or industrial
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Galesburg MI Loc
VEH Vehicle Group
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :092831
Keywords: Eaton, Kalamazoo , Lead Controls Engineer, Engineering , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!