Company: Tenneco Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionTenneco is one of the world's leading designers,
manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original
equipment and aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues
of $18 billion and approximately 71,000 team members working at
more than 260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups,
Motorparts, Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket. With our product portfolio,
dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and
competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. his role is
responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical
techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing
processes and products. Functions performed may include determining
the machines, equipment, and tools, and the sequence of operations
necessary to perform production and assembly operations,
recommending the design of production machines and other plant
equipment, and advising and assisting vendors with design problems
in connection with tools, gauges, and equipment designed for use in
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Manages new process development.
- Proposes changes to manufacturing process.
- Coordinates activities with various internal & external
- Develops new and improves existing manufacturing process
- Selects and manages tooling, equipment and material sources and
ensures project deadlines are met.
- Works with engineering and commercial teams to determine
processes, materials, and projects that need to be developed.
- Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical
techniques to establish and continually improve manufacturing
processes and products.
- Determine the machines, equipment, tools and the sequences of
operations necessary to perform production and assembly
- Recommend the design of production machines and other plant
- Advise and assist vendors with design problems about tools,
gauges and equipment designed for use in manufacturing.
- Actively participates on teams and teammates to provide
improvements in Safety, Quality, and ProductivityRequired
ExperienceEDUCATION: Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of relevant manufacturing experience with a preference
- Experience in welding, robotics, and control applications
- CAD experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience in tool and manufacturing process
development within the welding industry.
- Working knowledge and application of structured problem
solving, Lean, Six Sigma and cost savings analysis.
- Ability to obtain or currently have certification in Lean for
Manufacturing, Lean Product Development, and Six Sigma Green Belt
- Goal-oriented Manufacturing Engineer (AME) capable of working
independently and as a team leader.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports
and presentations using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Medium to advanced proficiency with Microsoft 365.
- Interest in effectuating change and communicating across
various levels of the organization to meet project needs.
- Goal-oriented and capable of working independently and as a
team leader.An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Kalamazoo , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Litchfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!