Product Design Engineer
Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Shyft and Utilimaster are looking for a Product Design Engineer to
join the Advanced Engineering team for new product development. The
Product Design Engineer will be responsible for providing timely,
accurate, and cost-effective designs for use in new vehicles and
As Product Design Engineer, you will develop solutions for a
variety of parts that meet internal and external customer
requirements, perform for the desired warranty period, and comply
with all applicable regulatory requirements. This person will play
an integral role with the team located in the offices of Bristol
Indiana, developing a completely new light weight body design for
an electric class 3 walk in van.
The Shyft Group - Employee Testimonials
Cost of Living Data via PayScale - Bistol, IN
Best of Bristol, IN - via TripAdvisor
About Bristol, IN - via BestPlaces.net
- Independently solve engineering problems and design new parts
to meet communicated requirements using SOLIDWORKS
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, production
personnel, purchasing personnel, and customers to create optimal
solutions to support the business
- Determine effectiveness of proposed solutions, understanding
un-intended consequences to manufacturing processes, tooling, and
- Own designs from concept development to start of production
initiating revisions and changes to BOMs as needed
- Participate in the ECN process to ensure effective
communication of designs with other departments
- Embrace and support company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or M.E.T.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in product design
- Excellent CAD skills using SOLIDWORKS (will consider candidates
proficient in CATIA or UG/ NX).
- Strong understanding of sheet metal fabrication, including
tolerance and process capability
- Experience with a broad range of manufacturing processes
including aluminum extrusion, fiberglass molding, and vacuum
- Able to effectively communicate design intent and manufacturing
requirements through detailed engineering drawings. A working
knowledge of ANSI-Y14.5 would be beneficial
- Additional expertise with common engineering practice such as
FMEA or DFSS, and CAE tools a plus.
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly and upfit for the
commercial, retail and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Utilimaster , Royal Truck Body , DuraMag , Strobes-R-Us
, Spartan RV Chassis , and Builtmore Contract Manufacturing .
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Kalamazoo , Product Design Engineer, Engineering , Constantine, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!