Company: WEC Energy Group
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Michigan Gas Utilities delivers natural gas to customers in
southern and western Michigan. MGU, a subsidiary of WEC Energy
Group, is seeking an Engineer in our Benton Harbor, Allegan, or
Grand Haven, MI locations. Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Design and manage construction of gas facilities for new and
existing customers including supporting designers, specifying and
ordering non-stock materials, and designing service, meter and
regulation for residential, commercial, and industrial
- Planning, troubleshooting, and analysis of gas systems
including modeling system capacities, scoping conflict and
lifecycle gas main replacement projects, and providing
documentation and budget input.
- Provide technical support to field and staff personnel on a
- Perform Code required documentation.
- Perform technical oversight and answer customer technical
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal codes by
evaluating current as well as proposed practices and
- Provide engineering and project management of station
construction, upgrades, and equipment replacement projects
throughout the MGU gas distribution system.
- Provide operational support at MGU gas regulator stations.
- Communicate standards and operational expectations to company
personnel and audit practices for compliance.
- Gas pressure regulation facility design, construction and
associated project management.
- Coordinate integrity management projects and surveys.
- Assist in gas emergency situations and investigate
- Travel will be required as needed for projects. In addition,
supply sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles
and practices as well as make independent decisions concerning
assigned programs. Also, interface with various internal and/or
external groups to successfully execute job duties. This is a job
family posting (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Senior Engineer),
experience will be the determining factor. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 0-2 yrs. relevant engineering experience (internship/co-op
experience may be included as relevant engineering). Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Petroleum
- Experience in construction and field practices as well as
design, operation and maintenance of gas distribution facility
controls or related experience in other industries.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills
and the ability to lead and direct others.
- Demonstrated knowledge in project management, planning,
budgeting and report writing.
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to use a variety
of office and engineering software. End Date: 01/17/2023 We reserve
the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue
accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary. Learn
more at Careers WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other
protected class. EEO/AA policies and statements Location: Benton
Harbor, MI, US, 49022 Allegan, MI, US, 49010 Grand Haven, MI, US,
49417 Company: Michigan Gas Utilities (MGU) Req ID: 2175 Nearest
Major Market: Niles Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Keywords: WEC Energy Group, Kalamazoo , Engineer, Engineering , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!