Shop Foreman - Lead Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Posted on: March 17, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman – Lead Diesel
Mechanic for our shop serving Kalamazoo, MI! Wages starting at $30
- $35/hour with $2500 Sign on Bonus First thingsFirst: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the
leading school transportation solutions provider in North America.
Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more
passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly
trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First
Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel
- $30 - $35 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- Offering 2500 Sign on Bonus (Expires 7/31/23)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic
Position As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First
Student, you'll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance,
diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service
records. Other job duties will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed. Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed – We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other
management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason. Get your career on the road with First Student! We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Kalamazoo , Shop Foreman - Lead Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...