Senior Civil Field Technician - Kalamazoo
Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position: -- Senior Civil Field Technician
Location: -- Kalamazoo, MI
Job Id: -- 308
# of Openings: -- 1
Senior Civil Field Technician Location :--Kalamazoo About Fishbeck
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the
nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 450 staff members.
Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction
management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and
integrated project approach. With the technical capabilities and
understanding to take even the largest projects from initial
concept to completion, we are a hands-on, design-oriented practice
at heart. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to
reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at
our core. Primary Responsibilities
Fishbeck--is seeking a full-time Civil Field Inspector to join our
Kalamazoo office. The primary duties of this position include field
observation and documentation of MDOT and local agency road
construction contractor activities for conformance with contract
requirements. Applicant must be willing to travel and work in an
outdoor environment. Essential Functions
- Prepare daily reports detailing the status of the work,
including confirmation of work completed available resources and
- Oversee the documentation of construction and adhere to the
- Assists with any Request for Information.
- Oversight of field inspection staff providing guidance and
- Assisting in the coordination of providing inspection services,
including assigning field staff to specific projects and work
oversight. Minimum Physical Requirements
Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites. Ability to
drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites; ability to maneuver
project sites with uneven terrain. Ability to read printed
materials and view a computer screen; and hearing and speech to
communicate. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical
demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request
such accommodation. Desired Education
Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology/Construction, or
equivalent experience Desired Job Experience
- AS degree in civil engineering technology or construction
- Experience with or knowledge of Field Manager/Fieldbook is a
- SESC and Stormwater Certification a plus.
- Material Testing Certifications a plus.
- Must have at least 5 years of previous experience involving
field inspection and the oversight of staff.
- Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record and
be available for occasional travel, long hours, and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook,
and Excel is required. We are an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc., Kalamazoo , Senior Civil Field Technician - Kalamazoo, Engineering , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!