Senior Controls Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller
Posted on: November 12, 2019
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world---s leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting
services.--Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of
engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
- Accountability for complete project execution including team
leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI
programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be
applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting
of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute
multiple project responsibilities with minimal
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering or related technical degree.
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI,
SCADA, PLC---s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer
Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred;
beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting
experience are a plus.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication,
organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware
Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix,
PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial
Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.)
- Approximately 20-40% local and regional travel may be required
at times to support installation and start-up activities around the
Kalamazoo and North Central Region.--Barry-Wehmiller is an equal
opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses
E-Verify.--Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening
which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment
verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller, Kalamazoo , Senior Controls Engineer (Design Group), Engineering , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!