Company: Stryker Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Provides overall department direction as related to process
development and control for new and existing processes/products.
- Directs operations team responsible for business development
due diligence and integration
- Manages directly or through subordinate supervisors the
activities of the Operations Engineering Department.
- Formulates and recommends process development engineering
guidelines and time lines in accordance with project
- Builds and executes strategy for innovation, growth, and
technical expertise of the site.
- Seeks out opportunities to expand site manufacturing and
- Builds justification and ROI to support programs, projects and
value responsible team brings.
- Holds team accountable to business goals.
- Administers an advanced manufacturing engineering program of
high technical competence and judgement and ensures sound technical
engineering concepts are applied.
- Coordinates operations function in new product launches.
- May prepare and correlate short and long term process
engineering plans and programs for design, construction or
alteration of activities.
- Ensures research and development of new technologies/processes
to support growth of business.
- Will develop and direct team resources.
- New employee recruiting
- Development, ownership and maintenance of operating procedures
and basic instruction.
- Arranging resources to meet new product and production customer
- Plan, organize, and implement training.
- Developing and prioritizing goals and metrics.
- Development and management of department budgets.
- May support larger plant and franchise level needs outside of
just engineering and stand in for site lead when required.
- Capital plan and development.
- Will assist subcontractors in resolving manufacturing and
quality related issues.
- Will assist customers in resolving product issues.
- Plans, organizes and sets goals for the direct team and
empowers team to build their individual team strategies to align
and best utilize personnel.
- Will train others on manufacturing systems and procedures.
- Will submit periodic reports on areas of responsibility.
- May have personal contact with customers internal and external
- Manages directly and/or indirectly the activities of
manufacturing engineers and Process Technicians.
- Builds a business's strategy, sets overall group goals and
priorities to align and evaluates subordinate's performance based
on those goals/priorities.
- Coaches and develops leaders and in turn manufacturing
engineers and Process Technicians
- Responsible for manufacturing engineers complying with company
policies and corrective actions. Physical Requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Ability to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC,
fax machine, etc.). Mental Requirements
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed proposals,
guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to resolve complex process and/or systems issues
using independent judgement.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions that affect immediate
operations and may have a division wide effect.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple,
concurrent tasks. Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- 10+ years of related Manufacturing experience.
- 2-4 years of project Mgmt. experience (cross-functional
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tool, inspection
equipment, and common office equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical problem solving
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational, industry, and
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed process plans using
applicable tools (PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, and Safety and
- Demonstrated ability to implement qualified processes using
applicable systems (Process Validation, Process Planning Tools,
Design of experiments, Manufacturing Assembly Procedures).
- Demonstrated ability to apply Design for Manufacturability
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track and facilitate projects
using applicable tools (Gantt and Pert Charts etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to justify, procure and implement major
capital equipment programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional
- Demonstrated skill in supervisory/managerial positions.
- Routing and Work center creation/maintenance.
- Development, Analysis and Implementation of Test Lab
- Group Problem Solving.
- PM Systems.
- Fixturing systems.
- Process Validation.
- New product introduction system.
- New product line extension system.
- Design for assembly/manufacture.
- Product process reliability.
- Customer complaint resolution.
- Project management.
- Leadership training. Education/Special Training Required
- B.S. engineering (mechanical, electrical, or industrial) or
related field Joining our talent network will enhance your job
search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just
leave your information, we look forward to staying connected to
Keywords: Stryker Group, Kalamazoo , Director, Engineering, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!