School Operations Manager
Company: Michigan Online School
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Michigan Online School-Operations ManagerThe Operations Manager
supervises all school operations team members: Registrar, Testing
Manager, Office Administrator, Attendance and Truancy Coordinator
and collaborates with all members of the Michigan Online School
leadership team to design and implement process and procedures
across all aspect of daily school operations for a state-wide
online school, in compliance with all sponsor and board of
education regulations and state laws.*Michigan Residency
- Through supervision of the local operations team members
oversee the following school functions: student records, local and
state testing, attendance and truancy tracking and follow-up,
office and facilities management
- Act as a resource for internal (staff) and external (students
and families) stakeholders by providing resolution and management
of escalated needs across a variety of topics (school procedures,
technology systems, materials, etc)
- Act as a liaison between school team members and members of the
larger Accel team to identify operational needs and develop school
level procedures that align with the goals and procedures of the
larger Accel organization.
- Serve as a member of the school leadership team
- Work collaboratively with other school administrators to
develop, document, and electronically archive operational
procedures and workflows to support implementation of school
- Audit current procedures and identify opportunities to
streamline and improve
- Stay up to date on department of education and sponsor policies
and compliance items and state educational laws
- Manage all student information per state and federal law
- Coordinates communication with external vendors as needed
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.Skills/Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite Products
- Strong spreadsheet skills including the ability to use basic
and intermediate formulas and functions
- Prior experience working in a school setting preferred.
- Prior experience managing law and regulation compliance
- Prior experience creating and documenting procedures and
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and
exhibit sound judgment while maintaining that confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a reliable, dependable, and trustworthy work
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional client situations
- Ability to make sound judgments after all available information
has been gathered or communicated.
- Demonstrates a mature attitude and insight into matters
affecting department, self and / or company welfare.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively prioritizing
and executing tasks to meet deadlines consistently.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to learn new technologies and acquire new skills
through independent study, professional training, and from more
senior team members.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team
- Understanding and ability to manage confidential
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background
checksEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all
federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination
based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy,
childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual
disability, age, military status, veteran status (including
protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or
civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition,
genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected
status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational
Keywords: Michigan Online School, Kalamazoo , School Operations Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!