Company: Kalamazoo County Government
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Nurse Manager Sheriff's
Salary: K-10 (A) $71,086.08(includes 20% market adjustment)
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. some weekends/holidaysPosting:
Date Posted: 04/08/2022
Deadline: Until filled Summary: This position supervises and leads
nursing staff to deliver necessary medical care to inmates within
the Kalamazoo County Jail. Responsibilities:
- Participates in interviews and makes recommendations for the
hiring and dismissal of employees.
- Responsible for orientation and general supervision of medical
services staff to ensure that staff members understand and adhere
to objectives, policies, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Responsible for scheduling, assigning duties, approving leave
time, and evaluating staff performance.
- Coordinates the scheduling and assignment of medical and/or
dental providers and office supplies or equipment.
- Consults with Food Service relative to special dietary needs
and menu recommendations for inmates.
- Arranges psychiatric evaluations as requested or
- Responsible for keeping standards of care and routing orders
current while fulfilling the role and performing the essential
functions of a Registered Nurse.
- Supervises process to assure the quality of care.
- Responsible for the appropriate handling of resident/citizen
complaints on the telephone and in the medical unit.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a Registered Nurse
Qualifications : Education : Bachelor's Degree, supported by
coursework in Administration. Licensed to practice as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Michigan required. Experience: Must be First
Aid, AED, and CPR certified. Three years of professional experience
in a county health department, hospital, or other health care
organization working directly with medical providers, patients, and
community organizations required. One to three years of experience
in a supervisory capacity is preferred. Effective written and
verbal communication skills, basic keyboarding, and computer skills
are required, including working knowledge of word processing,
spreadsheets, and database entry/retrieval.NOTE: Any person with a
felony conviction, a felony misdemeanor charge pending, a domestic
violence conviction, or an outstanding warrant is ineligible for
consideration for employment. No visible tattoos.Click Here to
Submit Application Online
Keywords: Kalamazoo County Government, Kalamazoo , Nurse Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!