Food Safety Quality Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Food Safety Quality ManagerKalamazoo, MI$80-100KOur Kalamazoo,
MI food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Food Safety
Quality Manager (SQF Manager) to their team. Under the direction of
the Director of Quality Systems and Compliance, this position has
oversight for the quality, food safety and food defense programs at
facilities in the assigned area/location. Duties also include
guidance of, and assisting in the creation, implementation and
administration of security and biosecurity programs. The FSQ
Manager attains and maintains required programs such as SQF, HACCP,
and animal welfare certifications, as directed the Director of
Quality Systems and Compliance (QS&C). This position is a key
component of food processing regulatory and customer compliance
requirements, communications, initiatives, and training.Key
- Ensure compliance to product safety and quality parameters in
the processing area with regards to company standards, customer
requirements, GMPs, HACCP, USDA, FDA, and other regulations as they
- Responsible for the implementation of the SQF program.
- Integral member of local site management team.
- Lead the development, implementation, review, maintenance, and
continual improvement of the food safety and quality system and
- Oversight of product testing, process testing, and
- Responsible for audits of processing plants, production areas,
biosecurity, and site security
- Act as the biosecurity coordinator and enforce biosecurity
practices and protocols.
- Lead the development, implementation, review, and continual
improvement of the biosecurity programs.
- Compile and analyze data.
- Actively participate in Vendor Certification program ensuring
that vendors used in processing areas are all approved for
- Responsible for the oversight of training processing
stakeholders and FSQ Technicians about food safety and
- Work with state industry groups and act as a liaison, when
necessary, with state organizations.
- Oversight of processing activities and stakeholders in the
absence of processing management on occasion.
- Work on corporate projects as assigned Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Quality, Food, or Biological Sciences or
equivalent experience is preferred.
- SQF (Required within 6 months of employment if not already
- HACCP (Required within 6 months of employment if not already
- ASQ, not required but nice to have
- PAACO, not required but nice to have
- Internal Audit (Required within 6 months of employment if not
- Water Operations Certifications
- 5 years of experience in egg processing or production,
agriculture or pharmaceutical industries.
- At least 5 years of management experience and leadership
- Experience in Food Processing or Pharmaceuticals or related
product safety and quality programs
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Kalamazoo , Food Safety Quality Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!