Senior Director of Continuous Improvement
Company: Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Centrica Care Navigators is excited to add aSenior Director of
Continuous Improvementto our exciting team! In this role, you will
ensure that the hospice services line is performing with maximum
efficiency and effectiveness. The Senior Director of Continuous
Improvement is responsible for streamlining, simplifying, and
improving processes and communication, driving a continuous
improvement mindset, with systems and tools to drive an a unified
employee, partner, and patient experience within Centrica Hospice
Care. This role will help to reduce cost per patient, will bridge
internal processes and communications with community partner
facilities, will contribute to organic agency growth, and will
eliminate over processing and slack within existing practices. This
position will work out of our Corporate Office on Stadium Drive,
Monday through Friday, from 8:00am - 4:30pm.Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Industrial
Engineering, Healthcare Administration, Management, Public
Administration, or related field required. Master's degree in
related field preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma experience - Black Belt required
- Five (5) to seven(7) years of experience in streamlining
business operations and managing change required
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify creative
and effective solutions, recognizing the need for flexibility,
adaptability, and ongoing evaluation.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, building
consensus and commitment, and leading people and projects
- Excellent communicator with the ability to bring out the best
in others. Able to take the vision and strategic direction of the
agency and lead the tasks necessary to ensure goal
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Maintains a valid Michigan driver's license and has the
availability of a reliable, licensed, and insured vehicle for use
on the job, vehicle must be insured in accordance with the State of
- Remains up to date on all routine immunizations required by
LARA and agency policy.Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality,
reduce costs, increase productivity and improve communication,
resulting in significant department improvement and client/partner
- Evaluate process improvement information, including department
structure and, policy and procedures to identify inefficiencies and
coordinate to determine a future state that satisfies the strategic
and organizational requirements.
- Assess the employee capacity and engagement landscape and adapt
change management strategies, as appropriate to drive sustained
- Evaluates, develops, and standardizes and drives operational
systems and processes and key performance indicators to maximize
efficiency and optimize clinical and financial operations.
- Ensures that the hospice service line remains strong to support
the growth of the agency as outlined in strategic plan and
- Works collaboratively with the clinical and business
development leadership team to ensure high quality, cost effective
and accessible patient care services.
- Partner with Business Development and clinical leadership to
ensure continuity of programs as they transition from early stage
to established development.
- Assists in the development of organizational goals. Develops,
recommends, and administers the clinical operations policies and
- Oversight of the management of multi-faceted operational
projects for Centrica Hospice program.
- Partners with quality team for the sustainment of
organizational quality initiatives.
- Develops ongoing positive and professional relationships with
contracted partners, and other related bodies, including referral
- Partners with the Business Development team to lead
modifications or expansion of Centrica Hospice according to the
strategic initiatives of the agency.
- Assists Chief Nursing officer with departmental budgets for
Centrica Hospice. Manages and controls departmental expenditures
within agreed budget.
- Evaluates the quality and safe delivery of care, treatment, and
services throughout all Programs in scope of responsibility.
- Identifies, interprets, and monitors operational indicators,
data, and outcomes that impact productivity, operational quality,
standard processes, revenue, and expenses.
- Partners with the Marketing and Development leadership to
develop and update publicity materials for Centrica Care Navigators
including flyers, brochures and educational materials and ensure
marketed solutions are being delivered by the Centrica Hospice
- Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote Centrica Care Navigators.Centrica Care Navigators is a
trusted community partner and a respected non-profit,
free-standing, state licensed organization serving the Kalamazoo
and surrounding counties since 1981. We are committed to providing
high quality, compassionate care for people coping with illness,
aging, dying, and loss. We are an equal opportunity employer that
provides rewarding work opportunities and the chance to make a real
difference in your community. Centrica Care Navigators participates
in the E-Verify program.
Keywords: Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan, Kalamazoo , Senior Director of Continuous Improvement, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...