Project Manager - Construction
Posted on: March 13, 2023
WalbridgeProject Management /
administrative and technical direction for one large, complex
project or, may direct several small and/or medium size projects.
Responsibilities to include customer interface, client development,
project scoping, estimating, scheduling, procurement, construction
oversight, safety oversight, cost and progress monitoring,
management and reporting.We want you to join our team.Through
industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of
quality and safety since our founding in 1916.What we offer
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programsWhy choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small
enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out
projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is
constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E
representatives, subcontractors, end users, security, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and
performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan,
coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction
of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule
and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and
implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all purchase
requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures,
standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as
- Maintain official project log and documentation files. Assist
with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide
direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental
equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and
simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by regional
- 4 year construction management /engineering degree or
equivalent professional training and experience.
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) experience and knowledge of
commercial or industrial construction activities, design, finance,
and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management
techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices,
processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact,
diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a
- Reporting to regional Vice President of Operations, makes
decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate
relationship with Client and project profitability.EEO/AA Employer
M/F/D/VWalbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture
that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce. We
provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an
individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status
or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination
in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring,
compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any
other condition of employment. PM19#LI-OnsitePI207624275
Keywords: Walbridge, Kalamazoo , Project Manager - Construction, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...