Capital Project Manager
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
POSITION SUMMARYThe Project Manager is responsible for all
phases of capital project management from conceptual estimate and
design to construction, commissioning, start-up and close out.
Project scope, financial spending forecast and schedule development
are all responsibilities of the Project Manager. The Project
Manager researches alternatives in order to offer the customer the
lowest cost option while maintaining compliance with all codes and
- General Responsibilities
- Develop conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules
for assigned projects. Development along with assistance from the
project sponsors the preparation of the Capital Project
Appropriation requests (CPAs). CPAs to include project description,
justification, cost estimates, budget, schedule, analysis of
alternatives and other required information.
- Select, manage and coordinate the efforts of design consultants
and firms as appropriate.
- Develop "Request for Proposal" documents for design services,
construction services and major equipment items as
- Manage and coordinate (with site customers and subject matter
experts) the efforts of construction management, general or trade
sub-contractors to ensure the successful (i.e. safe, timely, high
quality, cost effective, legal) implementation of assigned
- Administer, resolve, and control all design, construction,
contractual and financial issues on assigned projects.
- Ensure frequent communication and conducts regularly scheduled
meetings between Project Team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory
requirements are met on assigned projects.
- Completes assigned projects by starting-up and checking-out all
new equipment and systems, inspecting construction, developing and
ensuring complete resolution of "punch list" items.
- Develops Capital and Expense budget requests for future
projects during annual budget cycle.
- Arranges for training of involved maintenance and operating
personnel and obtaining and properly distributing all appropriate
testing, certification, validation, "as-built", spare parts,
operating or maintenance manual documentation and drawings.
- Generate request for proposals for purchased equipment and
services as necessary
- Generate quotes for equipment and services.
- Procure, track and close out project equipment and services
- Provide or arrange for development of complete design
documentation for assigned projects.
- Prepares documentation necessary for project approvals.
- Generates change control documentation as required by project
- Provides qualification documentation for assigned project as
- Works closely with Reliability Engineers in the development of
Life Cycle Cost models.
- Receive input of "Design for Reliability" with respect to
equipment specifications that create project approaches which
minimize life cycle costs.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters level degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or
Chemical Engineering, preferred) with 5 - 8 years experience in a
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PMP Certification or
PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills.
Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and
achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Zoetis
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis
- Strong skills in various project management systems including
Powerpoint, MS Project, MSPO, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to present and outline key project
deliverables and scope to senior leadership team for both approval
to initiate project as well as intermediate updates throughout the
project.Full timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to
Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including
unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine
or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume
database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a
fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals
to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity
in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected
classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity
to use our online application system. We offer reasonable
accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with
a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Kalamazoo , Capital Project Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...