RN - Cath Lab Manager
Posted on: January 11, 2019
We Are Hiring Full-Time Day 40 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIDay shift, Monday-FridayOn-call per departmental needsDepartments include: CVL,EP, CSS, Diagnostic cardiology and neurophysiologyWhy Join Ascension? If you are a Nurse Leader that thrives in a fast-paced cutting edge environment working with a team of dynamic professionals, this may be the right position for you. This exciting nurse manager position will oversee the following areas at Borgess; Cardiovascular Lab, Electrophysiology, Cardiac Short Stay, Diagnostic Cardiology and Neurophysiology. You will have the opportunity on a daily basis to make a meaningful impact with Associates and Patients with the goal of continious improvement.Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.What You Will Do As a Leader with Ascension Borgess you will have the opportunity to manage cardiovascular special procedures, lab services activities, workflow and nursing resources. The scope of oversight for this position include the following areas: Cardiovascular & EP Labs (6 total), Cardiac Short Stay - 35 post procedure rooms as well as diagnostic cardiology and neurophysiology, direct reports to this position include approximately 85 Associates. You will:
- Ensure departmental compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Assist with hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of nursing staff.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient care services in a unit. Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitor and adhere to budget(s). Approve or monitor expenditures, purchase and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Assist with planning, coordination, and delivery of patient care on a 24 hour basis while maintaining productive working relationships with physicians in the area and promoting employee engagement with all associates.
- Accountable for capturing and reporting key quality indicators consistent with strategic quality goals and leading a performance improvement team to facilitate change.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required or initiated within one (1) year of start date and completed within five (5) years.
- Minimum three (3) years current RN clinical experience in comparable setting for defined department with experience supervising clinical staff required.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN - Cath Lab Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!