RN - ER Ambulatory Care Manager
Posted on: January 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: ER Ambulatory Care Manager PRNCity, State: Kalamazoo, MILocation: Borgess Medical CenterDepartment: Case Management 002Additional Job Details: PRN DayWhy Join Ascension? Why Join Borgess: Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. What You Will Do What You Will Do:As the ER Ambulatory Care Manager you will focus on coordinating the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge in the Emergency Department at Borgess.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Facilitates and coordinates the care delivered to an assigned group of patients through multidisciplinary, multi-agency and patient/family collaboration to ensure the delivery of cost effective quality care outcomes within various ambulatory care settings. What You WIll Need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Case Manager.
- Certification specializing in Utilization Review. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field required or completion within one (1) year of start date.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in any setting is required.
- Experience/certification in utilization management, case management or focused discharge planning preferred. One (1) year experience in ambulatory care specialty (acute healthcare environment) is preferred.
- Current knowledge and experience working with Community resources and services; placement options, appropriate level of care(home care, rehab, and sub acute care, extended care facility), rule and regulations of third party reimbursement of or post hospital care/equipment is required.
- Current knowledge and experience working with third party payers regarding appropriate criteria for hospitalization of patients, pre-certification requirements, requirements by payer for special review types is required. If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and eexperience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, we would really like to talk to you. Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN - ER Ambulatory Care Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!