IT Project Manager
Posted on: February 15, 2019
QStride is a top100 ranked technology solutions provider by Techweek focused on delivering highly specialized Information Technology consulting and staffing services to Healthcare and Fortune 1000 businesses. We understand what it takes to help business solve problems via technology and is why QStride is recognized by as an emerging leader in what it does. The key to QStride's success story is its people. We are built on a foundation of world class talent and believe our employees are our best asset. QStride is continuously seeking to acquire high caliber talent which will contribute towards the continual growth, innovation, and advancing our and our customers mission.Learn more about "QStride's" Story"--- by brief marketing video on YouTube, which includes client and consultant testimonials. About the Gig: We are seeking a Project Manager for our direct client. The present opportunity is a customer-focused IT project. The position will be an extension of the company's newly-formed ITPMO, and will play a key role in helping the CIO shape the quality, standards, and consistency of best-practice IT Project Management. This role will be hands-on and focus heavily on delivering successful project outcomes for the IT Organization through clear and concise visibility of work, communication, cross-functional collaboration, scheduling, planning (resource and capital), and reporting. Day to day responsibilities will include project plan development, building project schedules, manages and schedules project meetings, communicates progress and statuses, establishes and enforces quality and consistency standards, identifies and manages risks, issues, and changes, and is accountable for all information technology project activities and documentation throughout all project phases. The role is a combination of both Infrastructure and Applications Project Management experience. Candidates must have a background with supply chain, logistics, and/or warehousing. Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Creates, executes, and publishes project plans; updating them appropriately based on scope and resource changes.
- Provides expertise and leadership in directing project teams to drive the effective delivery of project and organization's goals and objectives.
- Develops and delivers progress/status reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations, as required and as necessary.
- Analyzes and responds to task/procedural change issues.
- Ensures that Project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored; ensuring that all project Stage Gates have been completed.
- Conducts project postmortems and creates postmortem summaries to identify project elements that were both successful and unsuccessful.
- Manages the budgeting and invoice reconciliation processes for all assigned IT projects.
- Identifies and analyzes results, project delivery effectiveness and success.
- Defines project success criteria through effective alignment of each project team.
- Reviews and approves project deliverables prepared by the project team.
- Assists project stakeholders in defining project plans, success measures, and elicitation of project requirements.
- Communicates difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope to identify any potential risks or issues, and devises contingency plans to mitigate their impact.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads and directs the work of IT project teams and project managers for all assigned projects while aligning objectives with business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related technical field degree, or equivalent experience (5+ years of quantifiable, comparable, recent experience with PMP certification may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree). Project Manager Job Requirements:
- 5-8 years of project management experience leading technical projects from their development through execution.
- At least 5+ years of proven experience executing successful project management standards across all IT Domains leading software, hardware/infrastructure, and Business Intelligence/reporting projects.
- At least 5+ years' experience in data gathering, performing system analysis, and authoring system requirements.
- Proven Expertise in leading projects with various methodologies including Waterfall, SCRUM, and Agile.
- Knowledge of process engineering and improvement methodologies (LEAN, Six Sigma).
- Experience working with test plans and test cases.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Expert in MS Project (including Portfolio Management), and MS Visio.
- Experience with Service-Now.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services.
- Working knowledge of ITIL principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Tier 1 ERP's and WMS'.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, and Hybrid. - provided by Dice Tier 1 ERP's and WMS, SDLC, Project Management, MS Project, LEAN, Six Sigma, Scrum, Agile, PMP, Infrastructure and Applications Project Management, supply chain, logistics, and/or warehousing
Keywords: Qstride, Kalamazoo , IT Project Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!