RN - ER Ambulatory Care Manager
Posted on: July 13, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: ER Ambulatory Care Manager PRN
City, State: Kalamazoo, MI
Location: Borgess Medical Center
Department: Case Management 002
Additional Job Details: PRN Day
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join Borgess:
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million
people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and
bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's
largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part
of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do:
As the ER Ambulatory Care Manager you will focus on coordinating
the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from
admission to discharge in the Emergency Department at Borgess.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating
patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health
providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Facilitates and coordinates the care delivered to an assigned
group of patients through multidisciplinary, multi-agency and
patient/family collaboration to ensure the delivery of cost
effective quality care outcomes within various ambulatory care
What You WIll Need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer
Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Utilization Review.
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field required or
completion within one (1) year of start date.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in any setting is
- Experience/certification in utilization management, case
management or focused discharge planning preferred. One (1) year
experience in ambulatory care specialty (acute healthcare
environment) is preferred.
- Current knowledge and experience working with Community
resources and services; placement options, appropriate level of
care(home care, rehab, and sub acute care, extended care facility),
rule and regulations of third party reimbursement of or post
hospital care/equipment is required.
- Current knowledge and experience working with third party
payers regarding appropriate criteria for hospitalization of
patients, pre-certification requirements, requirements by payer for
special review types is required.
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and
eexperience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, we would really like to talk to you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the
nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age,
religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN - ER Ambulatory Care Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!