Hotel General Manager
Company: Amerilodge Group
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Holiday Inn Express & Suites -Kalamazoo, MI is looking for a
Branded, Experienced General Manager to lead our staff. Are you
energetic and outgoing? Results-driven and focused on continuous
improvement? Always looking for ways to improve guest scores and
quality? This might be the perfect job for you! Amerilodge Group is
a rapidly growing hospitality management company with hotels
throughout Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. Our CEO will tell you we
spend more time with those we work with than the people we live
with and has instilled an "extended family" culture throughout the
company. We work hard and play hard too with a great work life
balance and regular company outings/reward trips. The ideal
candidate will embrace this culture. If you are looking for an
exciting career opportunity, please submit your resume for
consideration today! General Summary Provide day-to-day leadership
and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development
of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience,
executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and
brand in the local community.
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way
you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you
are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and
connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going
the extra mile Duties and Responsibilities Financial Returns:
- Assist with the preparation of annual capital, cash flow, and
sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and
achieve required operating results.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability, and
maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and
technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including
working with the corporate team to maintain or improve propertys
market leadership position.
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and annual property cash
handling procedures, deposits, and security. People:
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member
engagement and are aligned with the brand service behaviors.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning
to ensure future bench strength.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members
and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance
- Ensure team members Brand and Companys educational standards
are met and documented to brand standards.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human
resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with all departments and corporate
- Ensure hotel adequately staffed to business needs and budgeted
labor standards. Guest Experience:
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with
all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license
agreement mandates. This includes passing all brand Quality
Assurance Audits and Local Inspections.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with
colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement
services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build
- Use technology platforms to drive guest experience scores.
- Achieve brand and corporate goals (daily, monthly, and
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members
and hotel assets in compliance with hotels or owners policies and
procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes maintaining
records to company and brand standards.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of
hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement
in community organizations, activities and businesses.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be
environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotels
- Must be accessible or have designated person, communicated to
hotel staff and General Managers Supervisor, accessible (during
scheduled vacations, etc.) to staff and company for emergency
situations 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
- Ensure hotel is prepared and staff trained for emergency
situations and inclement weather conditions. Working Conditions
Public, business atmosphere, in which temperatures may vary within
reason of indoor climates. Outdoor maintenance of property grounds,
as needed. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with
assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for
long periods of time. Education/Experience High school diploma or
General Education Certificate is required. Additional studies in
hospitality are encouraged. Previous Hotel Management Experience is
required. Same brand experience is preferred. Knowledge, Skills and
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance
professionalism in appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel,
Word, and E-Mail).
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and
operating all equipment in hotel.
Keywords: Amerilodge Group, Kalamazoo , Hotel General Manager, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!