Manager/TL Health and Safety
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The Manager/TL Health and Safety (H&S) will oversee
administration and development of the H&S program for the
Kalamazoo site in Michigan. It is responsible to provide leadership
and guidance in achieving H&S related performance objectives
and compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, Pfizer
standards and industry accepted standards. This role will report to
the site Sr. Manager / TL EHS.
- Leads the site to follow OSHA, MIOSHA, industry best practice
and Pfizer's standards.
- Proven experience in developing and contributing to a Health &
Safety company strategy and success organizing directing,
coordinating and conducting large scale initiatives.
- Challenges the site's health and safety performance by leading
the process to identify and mitigate the health and safety hazards.
This includes investigation of incidents, identification of root
causes, developing effective measures to prevent recurrence.
Manages safety observations and near-miss reporting and uses these
processes to drive further improvement in accident avoidance.
- Develop metrics to reflect continuous improvements in health
and safety outcomes. Oversee the use of tools to compile these
metrics and develops and share reports.
- Drive continuous improvement, innovation, and sustainable
results across H&S projects/programs, assessments and resulting
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking and lead the
implementation of improvements to the EHS program.
- Experience in managing the department's budget and propose and
evaluate capital investments.
- BS from an accredited institution in Chemistry, Engineering or
related H&S field.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in leading an EHS team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in chemical, biological or drug
- Skilled in general Health and Safety processes and systems;
experience in inspecting company facilities, and recommending
corrective actions to ensure compliance to established OSHA,
MIOSHA, Pfizer standards and recognized industry practices.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS
- Excellent Project Management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
- MS in an accredited university in Industrial Hygiene.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial
Hygienist (CIH) a plus.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma - Green or Black
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of
- May require walking, standing, and or sitting for prolonged
- Must be able to walk and drive between site facilities on the
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Incumbent will be required to respond to emergencies, both by
phone and in person as necessary, at any time.
- Requires being on call 24/7.
- Must be willing and able to work multiple shifts, including
nights, weekends, holidays, and other times, with minimal
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 11, 2019
- Eligible for Relocation Package> Yes
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Kalamazoo , Manager/TL Health and Safety, Executive , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!