Company: Borgess - Ascension - Ascension
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Are you looking to use your compassion for patient care in an
excellent Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity? Ascension/Borgess
Hospital is looking for a Board certified/Board Eligible Pediatric
Hospitalist for our Level II, 424 bed hospital in Kalamazoo. This
is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with
Ascension Borgess Women's Health and help Borgess establish a
cohesive growing group with flexible schedules.
- Must be BC/BE in Pediatrics
- Outstanding patient care qualities
- Provide care for both newborn patients and pediatric patients.
Candidates will be providing 24 hour coverage with a mix of shifts.
- Newborn Patients: Perform prenatal consults, attend deliveries,
perform newborn resuscitation, admit to special care nursery as
needed, stabilize newborns prior to transport for those requiring a
higher level of care, procedures (circs, LPs, needle decompression,
intubations, umbilical lines, frenotomies, etc.), and round on
- Pediatric Patients: Perform consults in ED, admit patients to
the floor (with diagnoses such as dehydration, respiratory
distress, evaluation and treatment for possible sepsis),
communicate with outpatient pediatric care providers, stabilize
patients prior to transfer for those requiring a higher level of
care, round on pediatric patients daily. The members of the
pediatric hospitalist team work together with parents to develop a
plan of care for newborns. Ask about the pediatric/ parent support
programs designed to encourage parental involvement. Compensation:
This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities
are available through Western Michigan University Homer Stryker
M.D. School of Medicine. Ascension Borgess Hospital Join our
- As a member of Borgess Health, our physicians join a large
community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate,
personalized care for all persons, especially those who are
struggling or affected by poverty.
- Whether you're looking to fulfill your calling here or at one
of our 1,900 Ascension sites of care across 24 states, we are here
to support you. Patients benefit from our nationwide collaboration
between hospitals, medical practices and innovators.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the
country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across
our smart network.
- We recognize that the most important part of a healthcare
network is our doctors and our advanced practice providers who are
providing care for patients. To support your work, Borgess Health
and Ascension provide tools and resources to help you deliver
quality, individualized outcomes.
- Borgess Health includes more than 130 sites of care in 15
southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated
hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health
care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center
and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Health offers a complete continuum of services to over
1 million people living in 10 counties in southwest Michigan.
- Borgess Medical Center, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo,
is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology,
behavioral health and neuroscience programs. KALAMAZOO
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from
the Lake Michigan shoreline.
- It is an important destination for business, education and
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well
as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of
- The greater Kalamazoo area has several outstanding school
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been
ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST
PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo
Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program
provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with to
up 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years
at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. This
includes U of M and MSU.
- Kalamazoo offers all the amenities of the big city, only
minutes away from quiet neighborhoods and more remote country-side
or lakeside living. The maximum commute time anywhere in the city
is 20 minutes without the bumper-to-bumper traffic of large metro
- There are 101 lakes in Kalamazoo county.
- There are dozens of outdoor, family- friendly activities
[Hiking, camping, biking, skiing, boating +]
- There are three museums, fantastic concert venues, sporting
events and theater.
Keywords: Borgess - Ascension - Ascension, Kalamazoo , Physician- Pediatrics, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!