Personal Caregiver - All Shifts Available
Company: Park Village Pines
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Park Village Pines has provided Senior Assisted Living in Kalamazoo
(and Elderly Assisted Care services) since 1983. In our three
buildings, we serve seniors and the elderly who have few or basic
care needs as well as those who require specialized or memory loss
As a non-profit organization, we are uniquely committed to being an
excellent Christ-centered senior care center and Christian
residency community where people love to live, work, and
- Medical & Prescription coverage ($24/pay check)
- Dental & Vision (free for the employee)
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Clothing Allowance
- Anniversary Bonuses
... and more.
Job Summary: Provide assistance with the activities of daily
living, a safe environment, physical comfort, and emotional and
social support to the Residents.
- Training and instruction per qualified staff
- Experience and understanding of geriatrics would be
- Adhere to the organization, federal, and state regulations
regarding nursing care.
- Ability to communicate well with people.
- Maintains neat, well-groomed appearance adhering to Park
Village Pines' dress code.
- Be available to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Provide personal care to residents including bathing, oral
hygiene, hair grooming, skin and nail care, toileting, dressing and
undressing, and shaving. Takes and records residents' weight,
temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure as
- Answers call lights to determine and meet the resident's
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations/including not discussing
residents' circumstances with other departments.
- Collects food trays from the residents' rooms.
- Transports/transfers residents using wheelchairs, walkers,
cane, and stand-by assist.
- Change bed linens/make the bed if needed.
- Encourage/assist residents in keeping their rooms clean and
- Is aware of the resident's needs and responds
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies - including
resident and co-worker safety.
- Observes and reports changes in skin condition, appetite,
behavior, emotional needs, etc. of residents to proper staff
- Maintains confidentiality regarding information/medical
- Is flexible, receptive, and adaptive to change.
- Maintains clean work areas.
- Attends scheduled meetings as required.
- Projects a positive image in dealing with residents,
co-workers, families, and the public.
- Uses appropriate and safe body mechanics when lifting and/or
- Uses good hand washing techniques and follows infectious
- Completes daily paperwork as required.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by
immediate supervisor or other management as required.
- Lift and carry light objects such as resident charts,
thermometers, basins, and resident care items without
- Lift, push/pull 100lbs+, assisting residents to/from their
- Stand or walk up to 90% of an eight-hour shift.
- Reach overhead occasionally to obtain items from
- Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
- Hearing, seeing, and reading skills are required to comprehend
directions, identification of residents, emergency alarms, and use
- Attention span necessary to complete required tasks.
- 100% of the workday is spent indoors - however, in good weather
an assistant may accompany a resident outdoors for a walk,
- Occasional exposure to blood/bodily fluids.
- Mandation when necessary (refer to Employee Playbook for policy
- Frequent exposure to bacteria, viruses, and other infectious
agents in dealing with residents, co-workers, family, and the
- Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals such as soap,
disinfectants, etc., as identified by Park Village Pines' MSDS
- Frequent exposure to latex, vinyl, plastic, or materials used
in personal protective equipment.
- Frequent exposure to injuries due to the unpredictable behavior
Keywords: Park Village Pines, Kalamazoo , Personal Caregiver - All Shifts Available, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!