Company: InterCare Community Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description: Become part of a Migrant and Community Health
Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people's lives.InterCare is searching for
a Full-Time Medical Assistant to join our team! At InterCare,
you'll find a rewarding and challenging work environment and a
competitive compensation Starting wages $17.69 for trained or
$19.00 for certified or registered Medical Assistant and benefits
package which includes: vacation/personal paid time off, sick time,
10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and
long term disability insurance.At InterCare Community Health
Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to
quality health care.Responsible for performing select clinical and
administrative duties as delegated by the licensed physician, in
accordance with InterCare policies and procedures; actively
participates as a member of the patient care teamDescription of
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a wide range of clinical tasks to support the provider
- Works in partnership with providers and other clinical support
staff to deliver safe, high quality patient assessment, treatment,
and follow up care in a patient centered medical home ambulatory
- Screens patients in preparation for examination by provider;
discharges patients including provider identified education, follow
up and instructions.
- Works in collaboration with the provider and other care team
members in advising and referring the patient / families to
community resources and tracks all community resource
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures or treatments;
assists provider as needed.
- Performs clinical procedures as competency assessed and
appropriate for position e.g. nebulizer, peak flow, etc.
- Educates patients as requested by provider, and within scope of
medical assistant training.
- Assures that lab, x-ray, referral, and hospital reports are
placed in patient record for follow up visits.
- Responds to and documents patient phone communication within
designated time frames in a respectful and professional
- Consistently and accurately enters patient information into
NextGen, documenting patient information clearly, in proper form
according to InterCare policy.
- Performs and documents in house laboratory testing to include
quality control checks and documentation.
- Administers immunizations and other medications according to
policy and procedures; maintains standards of Medication Storage
- Participates as a clinical team member.
- Actively participates in pre visit planning and daily huddle
with the clinical support team, FOS and provider (patient care
team) to review the daily schedule and enhance patient flow.
- Regularly attends site, and assigned meetings; including CSD
training and education sessions.
- Engages in practice improvement initiatives.
- Participates in training to improve patient outcomes. The
training may include, but not limited to: assisting patients in
setting self-management goals, coordination of patient care,
patient population management, proactively addressing and assisting
in the needs of patients/families in their community, cultural
competency, effective communication skills, OSHA, HIPAA, and EHR
- Performs non clinical duties to support ongoing operational
- Assists with reporting as requested.
- Provides follow up on open diagnostics as assigned.
- Performs all other non clinical tasks as assigned..
Requirements:Description of Primary AttributesGeneral Development
- Displays compassionate, ethical and professional demeanor.
- Communicates effectively with patients and family members
involved in their care.
- Maintains a positive presence in the clinical setting.
- Participates constructively in meetings and as part of a
- Maintains informative and cooperative working relationships
with InterCare staff and colleagues.Professional and Technical
- Possesses a general knowledge of clinical practices as acquired
through formal training, including a certificate MA program, or
associates degree in medical assisting.
- Certified by accredited certification body -or- qualifies to
test (required at next InterCare test date), and obtains passing
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of
- Proficient in customer service and professionalism.
- Thorough working knowledge of prevailing standards of care,
InterCare's clinical guidelines, and patient care policies and
- Meets all Safety and regulatory requirements to include but not
limited to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals,
Infection Control, OSHA and annual competencies.
- Completes all annual competencies.Technical Skills
- Proficient in EHR and EPM.
- Ability to use and respond to e-mail.
- Ability to use other InterCare desktop tools, including Safety
Zone, Net Learning, and iTAC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.Communication Skills
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex concept in a clear effective
- Possesses excellent cross cultural communication skills and the
ability to communicate to staff members at all levels.Physical
DemandsJob duties are performed in the typical office environment
of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills
sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors
and/or physical requirements of this position include the
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit,
and lift up to 25 lbs
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands,
and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate
(using keyboard, office equipment)
- Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and
read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear
- Able to hear and communicate clearly with clients and staff on
telephone and in personThis job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to
follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments.I have received and read a copy of my
job description and fully understand the requirements.
Keywords: InterCare Community Health Network, Kalamazoo , Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Bangor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!