Physical Therapist Full Time $3,000 Retention Bonus
Company: Oaklawn Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary: Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing,
administering, documenting and providing direct physical therapy
services in accordance with accepted physical therapy practice and
physician's overall plan of care.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary
effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner
that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assesses patients for physical therapy needs.
- Obtains appropriate physician orders, sets measurable goals,
and monitors progress toward those goals.
- Administers physical therapy treatments to patients.
- Assigns follow-up tasks to the PTA and supervises
implementation of the treatment plan.
- Provides ongoing PTA supervision.
- Discharges patients when goals have been met or continued
progress is not occurring.
- Conducts home safety evaluations and makes recommendations to
improve safety and prevent falls.
- Establishes home exercise programs.
- Provides education and support to patients and families.
- Maintains and completes accurate documentation and reports for
all assigned patients.
- Communicates patient treatment plans and progress to the
- Communicates with other members of the health care team to keep
- Creates a caring experience for both internal and external
- Performs all duties as assigned and is willing to perform other
duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Current license to practice as a physical
therapist in Michigan. BCLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: One year experience in home health
or hospice setting preferred. Understands anatomy/physiology of
disease process and patient assessment protocols. Skilled in
strengthening, stretching, range of motion, therapeutic exercises,
muscle re-education, ADL retraining and compensatory techniques,
perceptual motor training, neuro-developmental treatment, sensory
treatment, obtaining and training in use of appropriate DME and
adaptic equipment, prosthetic training, gait training - weight
bearing and non-weight bearing, instruction in use of therapy
modalities, back care and exercises, joint mobilization techniques,
transfer training, bed mobility, fine motor coordination. Effective
interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and capable of
solving problems with theoretical and practical approaches. Strong
clinical, organizational, documentation and teaching skills.
Critical thinking skills and ability to support the homecare
philosophy. Sensitivity to cultural, religious and socio-economic
backgrounds. Knowledge of federal and state regulations for
homecare. Courteous, respectful and anticipates and responds to
customer needs. Commitment to patient includes safety, quality of
care and excellent service, and customer satisfaction.
Working Conditions: May work in unpredictable home environments
that may include wide variations in cleanliness, temperature,
behaviors, smoke, animals, and other potential hazards. Required to
drive a car in all types of weather.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear.
Frequently stand, sit, walk, reach, push/pull, handle/grasp/feel,
bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch, taste/smell, lift/carry 1 to 50+
Keywords: Oaklawn Hospital, Kalamazoo , Physical Therapist Full Time $3,000 Retention Bonus, Healthcare , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!