Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
We Are Hiring: Ascension Borgess Hospital is currently looking
to fill a full-time rotating Paramedic position.36 hours a week.
-Primarily 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. - -Weekends and holidays per
department rotation. What You Will Do: Provide basic and advanced
life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients.
- Identify, intervenes and stabilize the ill or injured patient
under the direction and in collaboration with a physician and/or
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team
protocols. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition and
treatment, as appropriate.
- Provide population specific education to the patient and family
about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspect, maintain and care for equipment to ensure safety of
the transport team, patients and public. What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry
of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Michigan Emergency Medical
Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Additional
Preferences: No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers
across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities.
Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered,
holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the
communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for
work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional
development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish
personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding
career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.When you join
Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the
country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing
compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture,
continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings
are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use
to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly
$46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth
and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow
and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our
team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension
Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal
opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.For
further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.This
Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot
employ STEM OPT candidates.
Keywords: Ascension Health, Kalamazoo , Paramedic, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!