Patient Registration Specialist - Coldwater Hospital - Full Time - Variable
Posted on: August 6, 2022
OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting
bodies.Full-TimeLevel: MidTravel: NoSuccessProfileWho is the ideal
Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who
are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Multi-tasker 8Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere,
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health CoverageJob
RequirementsRegisters/pre-registers patients to receive medical
services in clinic, laboratory, inpatient, outpatient or emergency
department. Obtains demographic information, validates insurance,
and receives/post payments. Adheres to necessary regulatory
requirements. Answers and/or refers questions received from
patients, visitors, and staff to appropriate department. Performs
various related clerical functions. Always shows respect and value
for our customer and projects an image of professionalism.
- Perform a variety of face-to-face registration,
pre-registration, walk in outpatient scheduling, and collection
functions for all patients including self-pay patients.
- Utilize electronic insurance verification system to verify
insurance benefits and determine copay and/or coinsurance for the
patient s services; ask all eligible patients for copay and/or
coinsurance to meet monthly Point of Service goals.
- Contacts patients via phone for necessary information
pertaining to registration, billing and financial responsibility
via our pre-registration process.
- Assists patients at time of service with general benefit and
financial responsibility inquires and posts payments to patient
accounts as appropriate.
- Manages time effectively to perform complete registration
questionnaires while meeting departmental productivity standards in
compliance with system productivity policies. Uses time to complete
other departmental duties when patients cannot be registered.
- Maintains high attention to detail by reviewing all work for
completeness and accuracy in compliance with system quality
assurance policies. Completes registrations to meet department
accuracy standards for error-free work as demonstrated on the
monthly KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Understand basic Registration processes and provide feedback to
management on issues that impede timeliness or quality of
Registration and work with management to resolve.
- Independently review assigned reports/work queues to ensure
goals and deadlines are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance requirements
communicated by email, memorandum, educational matrices and
- Seeks assistance from Financial Counselors when needed to
maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues.
Communicates effectively with service delivery areas when
unresolved financial issues threaten appointment schedules.
- Respects the rights and dignity of all patients. Provides and
maintains patient privacy at all times. Is compliant with HIPAA
guidelines and privacy practices, patient confidentiality and
- Escorts customer/employees to their requested location when
possible. (Site Specific).
- Immediately approaches a customer or employee who seems lost
and offers assistance.
- Takes ownership of a customer s problem. Ensures the matter is
resolved in a timely manner if able or exculpate to the appropriate
- Functions as a team member to organize and prioritize
responsibilities to complete daily work requirements:
- a. Complies with changes in duties and assignments in a
positive and cooperative manner.
- b. Adjusts to peaks in workload: demonstrates flexibility and
adaptability to change.
- c. Completes assignments in appropriate time frames.
- d. Offers assistance to co-workers to ensure completion of all
assigned duties as necessary.
- e. Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal
supervision or direction.
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive, respectful and helpful
attitude in interactions with all department customers (patients,
physicians, visitors and other healthcare team members).
- Assist management with training new staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Type accuracy of 85%.
- Experience with a computer database program preferred.
- Previous experience in registration, credit/collection or
billing, in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and independently solve
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to interact with
patients and guarantors to explain payment and billing policies and
persuade patients to settle account balances.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers internally
and externally while demonstrating ProMedica s values of
compassion, innovation, teamwork, and excellence.
- Ability to move about and between workstations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to complete 4-5 weeks of full time training,
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. ProMedica is
a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization
headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
contact Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Kalamazoo , Patient Registration Specialist - Coldwater Hospital - Full Time - Variable, Healthcare , Coldwater, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!