Personal Caregiver full-time or part-time
Company: Park Village Pines
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Company Description:Park Village Pines has provided Senior Assisted
Living in Kalamazoo (and Elderly Assisted Care services) since
1983. In our three buildings, we serve seniors who have few or
basic care needs, as well as those who require specialized or
memory loss care.As a non-profit organization, we are uniquely
committed to being an excellent Christ-centered senior care center
and Christian residency community where people love to live, work,
Job Summary Personal Caregivers provide assistance with the
activities of daily living, a safe environment, physical comfort,
and emotional and social support to the Residents.
Qualifications for Personal Caregivers
- Experience and understanding of geriatrics is beneficial.-
Ability to communicate well with people.- Be available to work
weekends (minimum every other weekend) and holidays as needed
Essential Functions for Personal Caregivers
- Provide personal care to residents including bathing, oral
hygiene, hair grooming, skin and nail care, toileting, dressing and
undressing, and shaving. Takes and records residents' weight as
- Answers call lights to determine and meet resident's
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations/including not discussing
residents' circumstances with other departments.
- Collects food trays from the residents' rooms.
- Transports/transfers residents using wheelchairs, walkers,
cane, and stand-by assist.
- Change bed linens/make the bed if needed.
- Encourage/assist residents in keeping their rooms clean and
- Is aware of resident's needs and responds accordingly.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies - including
resident and co-worker safety.
- Observes and reports changes in skin condition, appetite,
behavior, emotional needs, etc. of residents to proper staff
- Projects a positive image in dealing with residents,
co-workers, families, and the public.
- Uses appropriate and safe body mechanics when lifting and/or
- Completes daily paperwork as required.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by
immediate supervisor or other management as required.
- Mandation (required to stay beyond shift's end) when
Physical Requirements- Stand or walk up to 90% of an eight-hour
shift.- Lift, push/pull 100lbs+, assisting residents to/from their
Keywords: Park Village Pines, Kalamazoo , Personal Caregiver full-time or part-time, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!