Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Oaklawn Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Summary: Provides basic patient care services under the
direction and supervision of a licensed physician, physician
assistant, or nurse practitioner. Performs various clerical and
administrative duties under the direction of the Site Manager.
Assists with office procedures, as necessary. Maintains equipment
and supplies, as directed. Operates various office and medical
equipment, as necessary. Essential Functions:
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary
effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner
that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assists in evaluating the condition of the patient and
preparing the patient for the examination.
- Reviews patient medical records to assure completeness and
accuracy, escorts patient to exam area, performs necessary
assessment functions (B/P, temp, height, weight, BMI, pulse ox,
etc.), updates medication and allergy information, questions
patient and updates health history, and informs provider when
patient is ready for examination. Ensures that all relevant
documentation for the patient appointment is available for review
(ER Note, Discharge Summary, Consultation Notes, etc.).
- Assists in Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) initiatives;
Adheres to PCMH policies, as applicable.
- Processes patients and schedules appointments/tests following
- Reports pertinent information to appropriate personnel, and
records data accurately and concisely in the patient record.
- Administers medication and performs diagnostic
procedures/treatments in accordance with departmental and hospital
policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming calls, assists callers as indicated, or refers
patient calls to the appropriate personnel. Retrieves and processes
clinical voicemail messages following established guidelines.
- Documents appropriate information on patient encounter forms
and department logs.
- Obtains appropriate authorization forms/releases, consents and
prior authorizations for prescription medications following
- Under the supervision/direction of the provider, orders
prescriptions by calling, faxing or electronically sending
prescriptions and refill information to designated pharmacy within
the scope of licensure.
- Maintains the standards of care and implements the policies and
procedures of Oaklawn Hospital and the Oaklawn Medical Group.
- Adheres to regulations and standards of accrediting body.
Observes universal precautions and complies with OSHA and MIOSHA
standards re: blood borne pathogens and biohazard waste.Minimum
Qualifications: Current LPN licensure in the State of Michigan;
Current BLS certification.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience
in a physician health care office or similar setting preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of computers, insurance and medical
terminology preferred. Experience using Athena and EHR
preferred.Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious
diseases.Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, walk, see/visual
acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently sit, reach,
push/pull, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch. Occasionally lift/carry
1 to 50+ lbs.
Keywords: Oaklawn Hospital, Kalamazoo , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...