Company: Oaklawn Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Summary: Performs general clerical and support duties for
the Physical Rehabilitation department.Essential Functions:
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary
effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner
that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Prepares the lobby/gym for opening and close; including locking
and shutting off equipment; Cleaning bathrooms when needed.
- Greets and checks in patients and visitors; Assists patients
with registration and scheduling.
- Process incoming mail.
- Prepares medical records, as requested by Health Information
- Prepares Electronic Medical Record by scanning necessary
documents; including sending clearances for signature.
- Tracks Certs/recerts for patients.
- Inventories, orders, and maintains all office supplies.
- Assists with implementation of department projects.
- Interviews patients in order to complete documents such as
intake and insurance forms.
- Involved in development of processes to maintain and improve
efficiency in all departmental workflow including statistical
- Maintains documentation on internal record keeping such as
cleaning of equipment and temperature control.
- Uses Athena to request corrected/updated referrals to the
physicians; look for additional documentation per request.
- Directs patients when necessary.
- Confirms current patient information, discharge older ones;
ensures that the proper physician is listed.
- Obtain proper information for insurance information and Work
- Contacts patients after pre-registration for confirmation of
visits, co-insurance, and copay.
- Answer multiline phone; including taking messages, transfers,
and scheduling/rescheduling appointments.
- Maintains the Medicaid report monthly for all active patients;
updating and informing patients as needed.
- Files charts; ensures charts are sent to the proper
- Prepares a plan of care between the therapist and patient;
assembles a schedule that best fits the patient.
- Track all denials, retros, comps, and authorizations; document
the actions taken.
- Takes payments for point of service sales; ensures enough cash
is on hand.Minimum Qualifications: 18 years of age.Knowledge Skills
Abilities: Associate's degree or two (2) years' experience is
preferred; excellent telephone, written communication and
interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks while
maintaining focus and effectiveness, maintaining a high
productivity level to maximize the productivity of the department
leader and managers; excellent analytical and problem-solving
skills; experience with data extraction from multiple information
systems; proficiency in a variety of computer software programs
and/or systems is required, experience using email, electronic
calendar, word-processing, and spreadsheets; able to work
independently.Working Conditions: Work is generally performed
within an office environment, with standard office equipment
available. Potential exposure to infectious disease.Physical
Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear, taste/smell,
lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Frequently stand, sit, walk,
handle/grasp/feel. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 49 lbs.
Keywords: Oaklawn Hospital, Kalamazoo , Rehabilitation Registrar, Healthcare , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...