RN/ Registered Nurse - Home Health and Hospice- Part Time - Days
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Reports to the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care
Coordinator to provide nursing care and case management to Patients
and families. Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the
Patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises personnel
to deliver care and coordinates care delivery.General
- Manages a Patient and family caseload which includes assessing,
planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care
- Plans, coordinates and delivers nursing care to Patients and
- -Supervises and documents home health aide/licensed practical
nurse plans of care and documents supervisory visits.
- -Participates in on-call coverage.
- Submits paperwork in a timely manner and updates and maintains
Patient medical records.
- Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team
meetings to coordinate the care of the Patient and family, exchange
information and problem solve, and receive staff support and
- Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules
and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other
certifying agencies in providing care.
- Coordinates and develops Patient/family plan of care and
ensures the care plan is current, up to date and reviewed at every
- Assesses & evaluates Patients level of care, needs and
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance
improvement (QAPI) programs.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources and educating the community to
- -Assesses the Patient's response to the Plan of Care and
recommends changes as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Provides education to the Patient/family regarding the disease
process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing
procedures and community resources for discharge planning
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient's needs
including Outcome and Assessment Set (OASIS) at appropriate time
- Evaluating Outcomes of Care.
- Provide counseling to Patient/family regarding disease process,
end of life and ethical issues.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional
- Participates in community programs and committees, as
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals
providing services to the patient according to regulatory
- Monitors that documentation from LPN/LVN, home health aides are
- -Participates in in-service programs
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient's
needs at admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care on an on-going basis.
Communicates information using current process and technology
available to the organization
- Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to
assignment; assists and encourages employees in developing their
skills and self confidence.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Prepares clinical progress notes that demonstrate
progress towards goals. Coordinates patient/family services and
prioritization of needs with members of the interdisciplinary team.
Uses case management approach and refers to other services as
needed. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient's needs and outcomes of intervention. Determines scope and
frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.Education
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and
in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
- Ability to manage Patient care with specific knowledge and
experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis
intervention and family intervention.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the Patient and
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within
the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ.
- The Director of Professional Services or Administrator may
waive this experience requirement based upon a personal
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT
Patients must have 2 years experience as an RN. -Physical Demands
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying
of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking,
hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling,
depth perception, color vision, driving -Travel
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%. -Working Conditions
- Patient's home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients. -Principal
- Office staff, Patients, families, physicians, Director of
Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator,Administrator and
community health care providers. -Work Schedule
- Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks, Patient
needs and referrals.
- Must be available for rotating On-call - -ProMedica -is a
mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization
headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states.
The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance
company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business
lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13
hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with
privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica
Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living
facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care
communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and
home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your
health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for
its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of
health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit
www.promedica.org/aboutus. - -Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability,
military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital
status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: ProMedica, Kalamazoo , RN/ Registered Nurse - Home Health and Hospice- Part Time - Days, Healthcare , Coldwater, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...