Patient Care Associate PCA -Cardiac 8NW
Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Job ID: 274490 Patient Care Associate PCA -Cardiac 8NW Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Patient Care Associate 8NW City, State: Kalamazoo, MI Location: Borgess Medical Center Department: Cardiology Unit 001 Additional Job Details: Part-Time Day, 24 Hours Weekly About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description Job Summary: The Patient Care Associate 8NW, under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, may be assigned a variety of duties designed to assist with the direct care of the patient. This may include ordering and stocking unit supplies of all types needed for patient care and locating shared equipment within the hospital. Timely and efficient completion of these tasks is required for quality patient care. Interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate effectively and relate politely to patients, visitors and fellow staff members. Adheres to Borgess Medical Center mission, vision and values. Responsibilities:
- Must be able to successfully complete orientation/training programs for the position as evidenced by completion of competencies.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and promote collaboration and a positive work environment.
- Must have computer skills to be able to enter and retrieve patient information.
- Successful completion of CPI and be physically capable of implementing CPI techniques.
- Performs and assists with therapeutic and procedures.
- Observes and records pertinent information, consults with and reports significant reactions and changes in patient condition to the appropriate Registered Nurse.
- Responsible for ensuring that the patient's pain is reported to Licensed Nurse.
- Inventory: Order, stock and locate various equipment and supplies.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required.
- A minimum of six (6) month's experience with direct patient care preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , Patient Care Associate PCA -Cardiac 8NW, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!