RN Nurse Manager - OB
Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Job ID: 260709 RN Nurse Manager - OB Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: RN Nurse Manager - OB City, State: Kalamazoo,MI Location: Borgess Medical Ctr Department: Nursing Administration 001 Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER AT BORGESS - RN Nurse Manager - OB What Will You Do: As the Nurse Manager of OB at Borgess you will provide daily oversight on the activities, workflow and nursing resources for the OB department at Borgess Medical Center.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Must be able to carry out departmental goals and ensure optimal outcomes for designated patient populations within approved operating budget.
- Maintain productive working relationships with physicians in their areas, promote employee engagement with all associates and support department operations to meet designated patient quality and safety outcomes.
- Behaviors are consistent with system values, effective service delivery, efficient decision making, promotion of high levels of customer service, and produce work that is of high quality and cost efficient. Why Join Borgess: Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Qualifications Required:
- MI Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required or initiated within one (1) year of start date and completed within five (5) years.
- Three years or more current clinical experience in a OB/Mother-Baby acute care setting.
- Experience supervising clinical staff required in a charge or managment role. Preferred:
- Collaborative and dedicated team player.
- Self-motivated professional.
- Ability to engage and lead highly experienced clinical staff. How To Apply If you are interested in joining us, click here to search for a job and complete an online application. Current associates should apply through the Associate Portal at
Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities. Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , RN Nurse Manager - OB, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!