Therapist - Behavioral
Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Job ID: 266615 Therapist - Behavioral Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Therapist City, State: Kalamazoo, MI Location: Borgess Medical Center Department: Behavioral Hlth Hosp Admin 001 Additional Job Details: Part-Time Day, 24 Hours Weekly About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description Job Summary: The Therapist applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders, conditions and addictions. Responsibilities:
- Administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Develops and implements appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provides crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Capable of working on all Behavioral Units, including the Emergency Room and the Med-Psych Consult Services.
- Maintains familiarity with and adheres to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as regulatory and accrediting requirements.
- Develops greater community awareness of Behavioral Care Center through individual or group contact presentations.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Professional Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Limited Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Limited Psychologist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Limited/Temporary Psychologist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Master Social Worker obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Limited Master Social Worker obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Professional Counseling, and successful completion of clinical internship required.
- One (1) to two (2) years related work experience preferred. Recent experience in specialized area such as Child/Family, Adult/Gero, psychological testing, etc. preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , Therapist - Behavioral, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!