Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Job ID: 278414 Cardiac Sonographer Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Cardiac Sonographer City, State:-- Kalamazoo, MI Location:-- Borgess Medical Center Department:---- Diagnostic Cardiology Anc 002 Additional Job Details:----Part-Time Day,--24 Hours Weekly Weekend, holidays and call requirements per departmental rotation. About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region---s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description Job Summary: The Cardiac Sonographer performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation. -- Responsibilities:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Performs and records cardiac ultrasound diagnostic tests using non-invasive techniques to produce cardiac anatomy images. May include muscle valves, great vessels, and Doppler studies.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Registered--Sonography Tech--specializing in--Cardiac--credentialed from the--American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)--obtained within--12 Months (1 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- Some College - 2 Years:--A minimum of two (2) years of college education in medical sciences required. Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , Cardiac Sonographer, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!