Registered Nurse (RN) Surg Trauma ICU
Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Job ID: 265202 Registered Nurse (RN) Surg Trauma ICU Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular Additional Job Information Title:--RN Surg/Trauma/Neuro ICU City, State:-- Kalamazoo, MI Location:-- Borgess Medical Center Department:---- Neuro Trauma ICU 001 Additional Job Details:----Part-Time Night,--24 Hours Weekly Every other weekend and holiday This is located on Surgical-Trauma ICU. About Us Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region---s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. Job Description Job Summary: The RN Surg/Trauma/Neuro ICU provides professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center. The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses Association. Recognizes that each patient is an unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assures patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of a--individual---s health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through the life span. The scope of nursing practice includes the teaching, direction, and supervision of less skilled personnel in the performance of delegated nursing activities. May delegate the acts, tasks or functions and bears the responsibility for the acts, tasks, or functions within the scope of delegation. Accountable to the ethical and professional standards as defined in the ANA Code for Nurses, the ANA Nursing---s Social Policy Statement, the State of Michigan Public Health Code, and the ANA and Specialty Nursing Standards of Clinical Practice. Accountable to the standards set by BMC as defined in the Administrative, Patient Care and Biosafety Policy and Procedure Manuals. Accountable to adhering to the standards set by regulatory agencies such as but not limited to the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Conditions of Participation of Healthcare Finance Administration (HCFA), and Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MOSHA). These accountabilities require individual competence in nursing practice, and the recognition and responsible acceptance of individual actions and judgments. Must adhere to the additional educational and competency requirements that are listed in the addendum for each department in which they will be working. Knowledgeable of nursing practice, procedures, competencies, and patient care standards as well as regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing care. -- Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare team, participates in open discussion to identify mutual goals based on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnoses, treats and evaluates the human response to actual or potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluates the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revises it as necessary.
- Assesses, detects, monitors and attempts to prevent complications associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Notifies the physician of patient condition and response to nursing intervention appropriately and documents this action.
- Responsible for insuring that patient's pain is assessed, treated, reassessed, documented and evaluated.
- Delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care provider.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--12 Months (1 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN Diploma at start date. BSN is required within six (6) years of start date. Incumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees.
- One (1) year critical care experience required. If no qualified applicants apply, may consider other applicants. Work Experience:
- Prior ICU experience preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , Registered Nurse (RN) Surg Trauma ICU, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!