Clinical Informatics Specialist
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Job ID: 271664 Clinical Informatics Specialist Kalamazoo, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Clinical Informatics Specialist City, State:-- Kalamazoo, MI Location:-- MIKAL 1521 Borgess Medical Ctr Department:---- AH System Office Oper 006 Additional Job Details:----FT, Days,--Mainly day shift with some off shift and weekend work when needed About Us Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension---s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care --- including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities --- in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension---s own group purchasing organization. Job Description Job Summary: The Clinical Informatics Specialist analyzes, manages and communicates health information through clinical information systems and applications. Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis of clinical and organizational needs. Identifies, designs and evaluates clinical information systems and applications. Recruits clinicians for work groups. Meets with clinicians for competency validation.
- Participates in the development of organizational policies and initiatives related to collecting, managing and communicating clinical information.
- Ensures information systems policies, procedures and technologies comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Designs and delivers training materials to educate users about information technologies.
- Participates in EMR design, build, implementation and training for new providers or practices.
- Acts as an agent of change to help promote organization adoption of EMR and workflow to optimize patient safety and experience. Qualifications Education:
- High School or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Work Experience:
- Three years of technical experience is preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Kalamazoo , Clinical Informatics Specialist, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!