Company: Borgess Health, MI
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Job ID: 252410
Additional Job Information
Title: Medical Technologist
City, State: Kalamazoo, MI
Location: Borgess Medical Center
Department: General Lab Anc 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time Rotating, 24 Hours Weekly
Rotating hours between second and third shift; Rotating weekends and rotating holidays.
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the regions largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Degree, including successful completion of a supervised clinical internship required at start date and knowledge of chemistry, biology, mathematics, and laboratory tests required.
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterik), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Borgess Health, MI, Kalamazoo , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!