Registered Polysomnographer - Sleep Diagnostic Lab
Posted on: December 8, 2018
We Are Hiring Reg Polysomnographer - Sleep Diagnostic Lab 001 - Part-Time Rotating 24 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIRotating shifts; some days, some nights; rotating between 3 Sleep Locations.Why Join Employer? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Employer since 1999.What You Will Do As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform basic and advanced diagnostic sleep studies.You will:
- Prepare patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interview patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Perform and document testing. Monitor patient throughout testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment issues.
- Score, interpret and report results of sleep studies.
- Prepare, calibrate, repair and maintain equipment required for testing. Determine and report needed repairs/replacements.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Sleep Technician specializing in Polysomnography credentialed from the Board of Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Associate's degree with an emphasis in polysomnography required or experience and documented proficiency equivalent to an educational program with an emphasis in polysomnography required.Work Experience:
- Six (6) months sleep experienced preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Registered Polysomnographer - Sleep Diagnostic Lab, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!