Reprocessing Technician / Borgess Medical Center / PRN Day
Posted on: January 11, 2019
We Are Hiring Reprocessing Technician - Sterile Processing 001 - PRN Day - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIPRN days 7am to 3:30pm with possible OT due to volumesWhy Join Employer? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Employer since 1999.What You Will Do As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to disassemble and decontaminate instruments and equipment to ensure safe handling and proper sterilization. Assemble all instruments and implants according to prescribed hospital procedures and techniques. Sterilize/disinfect instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using various methods of sterilization/high level disinfection. Provide various departments with additional assistance related to STAT case carts, intubation boxes, PAPR, Wound Vacs, etc. Assigned to a variety of duties and functions in all designated positions in the Main Reprocessing department, SDS Reprocessing and GI Reprocessing independently. The Reprocessing Technician is able to follow written and oral instructions, as well as communicate effectively verbally and in legible handwriting. Good eyesight and hearing are required skills. This position implements and maintains established Medical Center, Care Center, department/unit standards, policies, and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Ability to assume charge role in the absence of other supervisory personnel.
- Successful completion of orientation.
- Able to complete competency criteria annually.
- Operate all processing machinery.
- Disassemble and decontaminate instruments and equipment to ensure safe handling and proper sterilization.
- Assemble all instruments and implants according to prescribed hospital procedures and techniques
- Sterilize/disinfect instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using various methods of sterilization/high level disinfection.,
- Assigned to a variety of duties and functions in all designated positions in the Main Reprocessing department, SDS Reprocessing independently.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required.
- Previous C.S. experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Reprocessing Technician / Borgess Medical Center / PRN Day, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!