Registered Nurse - Family Practice
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Nurse BAC
City, State: Kalamazoo, MI
Department: FP Westside
Additional Job Details: PRN Day
Why Join Ascension?
Borgess - Based in Kalamazoo, we provide care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
Mission & Purpose:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Mission with a Global Reach: Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of persons in developing countries. By joining our team - you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Last year Ascension provided over 1.8billion in free healthcare to those in need and without access. You will have the opportunity to offer your servants heart by volunteering with Ascension's Medical Mission at Home program and other community benefit initiatives.
- Faith Based Approach: Spiritual care is fundamental to our identity and a tangible expression of our mission and values. It is also an essential part of providing care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We care for the spirit through compassionate relationships and empathetic, effective communication.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Benefits / Rewards / Career Development
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Holistic Growth Opportunities: We realize growth is more than professional development at Ascension. Associates desire personal and spiritual development as well. That's why our development programs focus on the whole self - body, mind and spirit.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Relational Environment: Ascension provides a community of colleagues who listen with openness to their own experiences and to the experiences of others. Working together and sharing experiences builds dedication to each other and our mission.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Environment of Quality: At Ascension, we continually focus on quality measures that impact patient outcomes. As part of an integrated system, our hospitals are designed to treat patients in the care setting most appropriate to their condition.
- Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
- Culture of Creativity: Associates at Ascension are encouraged to courageously innovate. Working together and thinking outside of the box - that's how we are transforming healthcare.
- A Place of Reverence: Working at Ascension is more than a job - it's a ministry. Our ministry offers a place where we have deep respect and compassion for the dignity of all, and it starts with our associates.
- Culture of Advocacy: Ascension is a place that advocates for a compassionate and just society in everything we do. Our associates are encouraged to reflect this through word and deed.
- Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates. Respect and inclusion feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
What You Will Do
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients of the assigned clinic/practice in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, personnel, medical staff, callers and visitors.
- Reacts calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Interprets, adapts and applies guidelines and procedures. Recognizes problems and recommends solutions.
- Facilitate Shared Medical Appointments with Borgess Ambulatory Care Physicians and Mid-Level Practitioners as scheduled through Borgess Ambulatory Care facilities.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Education:
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date.Work Experience:
- Preferred experience in family practice setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: MI-Kalamazoo-Westside, Kalamazoo , Registered Nurse - Family Practice, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!