RN Nursing Manager - Cardiology
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Nursing Manager - Cardiology Services Admin 001 - Full-Time, Day 40 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIMonday-Friday, Hours may vary.Departments to include: Cardiac Short Stay and Diagnostic CardiologyWhy Join Employer? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Employer since 1999.What You Will Do As an Nursing Leader with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s). This role will overee the Cardiac Short Stay, Diagnostic Cardiology and Neurophysiology. The Cardiac Short Stay area includes- 35 post procedure rooms as well as diagnostic cardiology and neurophysiology, direct reports to this position include approximately 85 Associates. Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Must be able to carry out departmental goals and ensure optimal outcomes for designated patient populations within approved operating budget.
- Maintain productive working relationships with physicians in their areas, promote employee engagement with all associates and support department operations to meet designated patient quality and safety outcomes.
- Behaviors are consistent with system values, effective service delivery, efficient decision making, promotion of high levels of customer service, and produce work that is of high quality and cost efficient.
- Adhere to the organization's Corporate Compliance program; adherence, includes but is not limited to, attendance at mandatory Corporate Compliance in-services, carrying out position responsibilities consistent with program guidelines, and reporting any violation of Corporate Compliance.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree required or initiated within one (1) year of start date and completed within five (5) years.
- A minimum of three (3) years current clinical experience in a comparable setting for the defined department with experience supervising clinical staff required.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN Nursing Manager - Cardiology, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!