Medical Technologist - Micro Lab - Kalamazoo
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Technologist - - Full-Time Rotating 40 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIMicro Hours : M-F 7am to 3:30pm. Rotating Holidays and weekend Days.It is fun to work on a team where people truly have a passion for what they are doing! Join our growing team of lab professionals at one of the region's largest health systems and play a critical role in offering compassionate care to our community.This full-time Monday through Friday day position offers you an excellent work-life balance. To learn more, apply to speak with a Recruiter today! Why Join Ascension? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
- As our team continues to adapt and grow, you will get to work alongside some of the finest and most dedicated professionals you'll ever come across in laboratory services.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
- A Place of Reverence: Working at Ascension is more than a job - it's a ministry. Our ministry offers a place where we have deep respect and compassion for the dignity of all, and it starts with our associates.What You Will Do As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's Degree, including successful completion of a supervised clinical internship required at start date and knowledge of chemistry, biology, mathematics, and laboratory tests required.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Medical Technologist - Micro Lab - Kalamazoo, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!