Registered Nurse RN - $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS - Observation Unit
Posted on: March 18, 2019
We Are Hiring $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS for experienced RNsJOIN OUR NEW UNIT! Registered Nurse (RN) Observation Unit - Observation Unit 001 - Part-Time Night 24 Hourw Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MI7p-7a, Weekends and holidays per department rotation.Why Join Ascension? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999. What You Will Do As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center. The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from thebiological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses Association. Recognize that each patient is a unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assures patient rights and privacy areprotected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individual's health, incorporating knowledge ofgrowth and development through the life span.You will:
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare team, participate in open discussion to identify mutual goals based on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnose, treat and evaluate the human response to actual or potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revises it as necessary.
- Assesse, detect, monitor and attempt to prevent complications associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Implement physician's orders using nursing judgment through nursing interventions and coordination of others to do the same.
- Notify the physician of patient condition and response to nursing intervention appropriately and documents this action.
- Responsible for insuring that patients pain is assessed, treated, reassessed, documented and evaluated.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures for Pain Management.
- Responsible for delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care provider.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed by the State of Michigan obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Education:
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN Diploma at start date. BSN is required within six (6) years of start date. Incumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees.Work Experience:
- 1 year of clinical RN experience preferred. Cardiac experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Registered Nurse RN - $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS - Observation Unit, Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!