Technician-Medical Lab (MLT)
Posted on: November 7, 2019
We Are Hiring Technician-Medical Lab (MLT) - Lab Westside -
Part-Time,Rotating - Westside - Kalamazoo,MIVariable hours at two
locations, to include a weekend and evening shift hours.Why Join
Ascension? In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and
hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over
200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working
together to help bring patients more resources and better care.
Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided
over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living
in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to
spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the
health of individuals and communities.Ascension is a faith-based
healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through
innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading
non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is
committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all,
especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs.What You Will Do As an Associate with
Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity toPerforms routine
diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and
interprets, documents and reports test results under the
supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures
for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection,
and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and
students.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Technician obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for
Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical
Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in
employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex,
national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital
status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment
only to individuals who have applied for a position using our
official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Technician-Medical Lab (MLT), Healthcare , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!