Retail Store Manager
Company: Family Farm & Home
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The store manager must exemplify the company's culture by
consistently supporting and strengthening the basic philosophies of
the company. Store managers require strong leadership skills with
the ability to motivate and supervise team members. The store
manager will have expertise in company culture, merchandising,
shrink control and operational aspects of the store. A successful
store manager will be knowledgeable of the local market, customer
base, seasonal opportunities, competitors and other specifics of
the local market that may influence the business. The store manager
is a role model, a leader, problem-solver, and strategic thinker,
who is required to manage her/his time to achieve budgeted goals.
Our store managers drive sales and profits through merchandising,
inventory management, expense control, human resource management
and controlling operating costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited
- Promote Family Farm and Home mission statement and family
- Promote an aggressive sales culture with an intense focus on
superior customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a highly motivated team by hiring,
coaching, counseling, disciplining and firing of team members;
planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Maintains professionalism and positive store morale.
- Responsible for execution and performance of all store job
responsibilities through his/her key associates and/or his or her
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning team members; following up on work results.
- Provides feedback to the office, i.e., buyers, district
managers and all other company officials.
- Full profit and loss accountability for individual store
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting in the preparation
of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances;
initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by
establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Establishes relationships and supports local community groups
consistent with company values.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving
contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Responsible for managing and protecting all inventory and
company assets in accordance with company policy against theft and
- Verifies merchandise is received, stored and merchandised in
all departments according to established operational and safety
- Protects employees and customers and maintains the stability
and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
and providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Helps determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing
operating and financial statements and departmental sales
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks.
- Maintains consistent operations by initiating, coordinating,
and enforcing, operational and personnel policies and
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or company official.
Store Manager Requirements: A successful store manager must
demonstrate excellent leadership and problem solving skills. They
will be able to manage with limited supervision. Store managers
need to have good oral/written communication skills in order to
effectively interact with customers, vendors and other associates.
It is necessary they be comfortable in the hiring and firing of
team members. A successful store manager needs to understand
aggressive customer service and be team-oriented. They will have
good management and organizational skills. Additionally, it is
necessary they understand and interpret data presented in
statistical or numerical form and be able to use it effectively in
assessing and coordinating the merchandise and operational aspects
of the store operations. They need to be detail oriented and able
to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Store
managers must be able to stand for extended periods of time. They
are required to be able to move and handle boxes of merchandise and
fixtures throughout the store. They must be able to climb up and
down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Finally, they will be able to work a flexible schedule including
weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Keywords: Family Farm & Home, Kalamazoo , Retail Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!